Trusted Contributor

Re: $55.89 for a cheesecake ?!?

@Janey2 Wish I lived close to a restaurant; I would love a fresh Juniors. Both the QVC sold items and the supermarket ones are frozen 

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@patbz wrote:

@Pook :  Why do you say Costco 's is "faux"?  I've had a lot of cheesecakes( from nasty to devine) in my seven decades and their cheesecake is very good and definitely the real deal!

What most see as a cheesecake are really just  hack recipes that have cream cheese and graham cracker crust.  Because of the cream cheese flavor it tastes good but not a real cheesecake that should have heavy whipping cream (not sourcream), the best vanilla and cream cheese and NOT graham cracker crust but sponge cake or cookie crust!!  Some so called cheesecakes are not even baked or because of lack of enough mixing and proper ingredients not baked in a water bath.  Costco like ones would be tossed in the garbage in an authentic cheesecake competition.   Call them cheesecake if you want but...

After the real thing, the others no longer taste good to me.  juniors is rated the best cheesecake consistently.

They sound delicious! I am a baker and make "real" cheesecakes, which are time consuming but so worth it.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 :  Clearly you and I disagree on what a cheesecake is as well as what constitutes a great cheesecake.  So, since no one appointed you "Cheesecake Guru", let's agree to disagree.

Respected Contributor

i made a pumkin cheese cake last thanksgiving for ta fraction of what qvc charged. only thing that made mine allmost that expensive is that my glass kitchen aid mixing bowl i broke loading the dishwasher.  i knew it was a matter of time before i broke it.

Respected Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@mom2four0418 :  Clearly you and I disagree on what a cheesecake is as well as what constitutes a great cheesecake.  So, since no one appointed you "Cheesecake Guru", let's agree to disagree.

My response was not to you, and no one is going to take your cheesecake away. SMH

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

All of QVC’s food is so overpriced.  It is ridiculous and I do not buy it.

Trusted Contributor

I have made some cheesecakes through the decades and spent around $20-30, (not including my time and utilities).

I think the Piña Colada cheesecake the most expensive, though I did have some leftover fresh pineapple and coconut.  Good ingredients cost.