Honored Contributor

Re: 5 min instapot mac and cheese

I make my mac-n-cheese all the time in my pressure cooer--works everytime in that short amount of time---dry beans are the same thing---cooks in way shorter time in pressure cooker than reg cooking----

Super Contributor

I’m so making this🍽
Respected Contributor

This is the best pressure cooker mac and cheese recipe!  It has Velveeta in it, so if that's not your cup of tea, scroll on, but for creamy mac and cheese, nothing can beat this recipe for creaminess and taste!

http://www.easyaspiecanbe.com/2019/07/pressure-cooker-mac-cheese.html 

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I just can't comprehend any sort of macaroni getting done this fast.  Someone please make this and report back. 

Keep in mind that a pressure cooker takes up to 20 minutes to come to pressure, then cooks. If you set the cooker for 6 minutes, it's closer to 16 or more total minutes in the pressure cooker.

I use my pressure cooker to steam broccoli and the setting on the pressure cooker is zero minutes, but it takes closer to 10 actual minutes.

I make instant Mac and Cheese in my Instant Pot. It's not faster, but it means I can do a load of laundry and not have to watch a pot for boil over. The timer gets set for 2 minutes, but it takes 12 minutes, depending on the temperature of the water I use.

Trusted Contributor

I've been making mac and cheese in my IP for several months. Love it! I use a recipe that has dijon mustard and a bit of paprika in addition to three different cheeses. You can trick it up or down depending on your tastes -- lots of good recipes to Google!!! I always make a big batch and it's yummy when reheated.

Trusted Contributor

@Foodi7

Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I made a half recipe in my 3 qt pressure cooker and it came out perfectly! I only cooked it for 5 min because I detest mushy pasta. This one is a real keeper.

Frequent Contributor

I was very skeptical, but had to try this recipe.  I cut it in half, as I have  a mini Instant Pot.  I also Veganized the recipe, using vegetable stock, plant cheddar, Parmesan, and cashew yogurt for the cream cheese.  It was FANTASTIC.  I added a dash of cayenne, and a little salt and pepper.  I will be making this often, as it is super quick and delicious. Thanks to Lisa Brady for this great recipe!