Honored Contributor

I like David. I totally get why they keep showing the Vitamix and the Keurigs.

None of them hold a candle to Downton Abbey - that's where my TV will be tuned no matter what else is playing in neighboring theaters.

Frequent Contributor
On 1/4/2015 millieshops said:

I like David. I totally get why they keep showing the Vitamix and the Keurigs.

None of them hold a candle to Downton Abbey - that's where my TV will be tuned no matter what else is playing in neighboring theaters.

I'm with you "millieshops" - I'm doing MY HAPPY DANCE, just waiting for the new season of Downton Abbey that starts tonight. I've caught a few of the previews, and it looks exciting.

Respected Contributor

Off Topic I guess. But I am curious about Downton Abbey. Sorry to say I've never watched it. I really do think I live under a rock!!

Anyway, is this a show i could dive into now, not having any background on the series? Or is too far into the story to really appreciate the rest?

Is there a DVD with the previous episodes? Or can someone just tell briefly the background? I'm definitely interested as I saw a few previews the other day on PBS, and it looked great!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
On 1/4/2015 Perkup said:

Off Topic I guess. But I am curious about Downton Abbey. Sorry to say I've never watched it. I really do think I live under a rock!!

Anyway, is this a show i could dive into now, not having any background on the series? Or is too far into the story to really appreciate the rest?

Is there a DVD with the previous episodes? Or can someone just tell briefly the background? I'm definitely interested as I saw a few previews the other day on PBS, and it looked great!

There have been four seasons to date (tonight starts the 5th), so a quick and superficial catch-up isn't practical. Each year for the past 2 years the PBS stations have run previous episodes and special catch-up programs, but these are pretty much over now, since tonight's the night. DVDs are available for sale, rent and streaming all over the place from the usual sources.

I am only an occasional, casual watcher and make use of the catch-up specials, myself. I have never "liked" most of the characters, so never got really into it like I have other PBS series.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Thought the show was a bore.

I'll post when Wolfgang returns to HSN. No, he's not on every Sun. He takes his streaks where he comes to HSN and usually starting at around 10 on Friday night, then, different times all day long on the week end.

His pressure oven is at Kohl's. It's a hoot to watch him and his aide Marion (think her name is) work as a team. She's a great gal. Patient and on the ball. Bless her heart !