Valued Contributor

Re: 2015 New or Updated Items

New

QVC Price:$29.97
Shipping & Handling: $5.00
Honored Contributor

i got the serving tray with the three candles in the dragonfly pattern. i have been waiting for more dragonfly pieces!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Not applicable

I was excited to watch the new show this morning "Holiday Decor"

Lovely candle set and clock but .......... WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE COLORS?

I have dishes in Spice, baking/casserole sets/bowls etc in old Work Spice and Lace Spice but Tara keeps forgetting make all the "extra" "new pieces" to match. Not happy at all Smiley Sad

Also I watched a show where Tara said they never did solid colors.....OH YES THEY DID. I still have all the pieces to mine that was bought back in around 1993. I bought 2 dark blue and 1 red, it includes 9x11, 8x8, and 3 little heart shaped dishes and all were in wicker instead of the new iron holders. Who was the original owner of Temptations, couldn't be Tara!

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/28/2015 mominohio said:
On 4/28/2015 debc said:

LOL, for someone who keeps buying stuff MIO you never miss a chance to throw in a dig.

Personally I only go for the baking and serving pieces. I'm not even interested in the dinnerware, too heavy. Even with the Lenox I'm gathering I don't care to have a soap dispenser, spoon holder, etc.

I'm just keeping it real!

I like some of the patterns and the designs of many of Temp-tations pieces, and the price of some of it, over the years has been reasonable for the quality (which varies greatly). I have always liked the line because of their replacement policy (which did change this year, and I'm now more careful where and what I buy), as well as the fact that no other line of kitchenware offered so many matching pieces.

But lately, some of the patterns are really not at all attractive, and she/Q is rushing to bring in all sorts of home decor stuff that, in my opinion, is just so tacky looking. I know many people feel that way about the entire line of Temp-tations, but I do like quite a number of patterns, past and present, for the actual kitchen, but just not too excited about the 'home decor' line at all.

Hi MIO! Yes, you always do keep it real and honest!

I was flipping channels this morning and saw the reversible vase/candle holder. I would have gotten that in Old World Green, but went to my computer and thought I better take one more look at the presentation (given the new QVC rules re shipping and returns), and egad, I couldn't find a place to click on "watch live"! It wasn't on the home page, and wherever I found it, it wouldn't work. I gave up and went to order anyway, and it was sold out! The first time I would buy something from TT in years, and I couldn't because of the website change. Of course, after I missed out on it, I found a couple of places I could click and it actually gave me QVC live! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

But I do a little painting myself, and I've painted a small vase with the squares like this on the candle end. The painting is so simple, I have a few extra vases, and I just printed out the picture of the green Old World. I'm going to give it a try -- nothing ventured, nothing gained... and it doesn't have to go in the oven! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

ETA: Some of the other stuff like those shelves are a little tacky, similar things can be bought many places for a lot less $$$. The vase/candleholder was the only thing I would even consider.

Honored Contributor

On 4/29/2015 how does it hook up said:

I was excited to watch the new show this morning "Holiday Decor"

Lovely candle set and clock but .......... WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE COLORS?

I have dishes in Spice, baking/casserole sets/bowls etc in old Work Spice and Lace Spice but Tara keeps forgetting make all the "extra" "new pieces" to match. Not happy at all Smiley Sad

Also I watched a show where Tara said they never did solid colors.....OH YES THEY DID. I still have all the pieces to mine that was bought back in around 1993. I bought 2 dark blue and 1 red, it includes 9x11, 8x8, and 3 little heart shaped dishes and all were in wicker instead of the new iron holders. Who was the original owner of Temptations, couldn't be Tara!

Oh yes they did make solid. I have a set of baking dishes that are a very different shape, a covered casserole in round and a covered rectangular casserole in "Lilac" but they are more purple (which is fine with me). They are the solid color with OW type embossing on the outside. Also have a similar set with a divided dish (kind of oval) with two small (maybe 8 oz.) matching dishes. (same color as mentioned above) Also a mixing bowl or baking set in round in that same pattern. I don't need more, but I think more solid items would sell well. OW can be overdone. I liked the polka dots and have some, but they have just about disappeared as did my favorite color--lilac.

Honored Contributor

On 4/29/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 4/28/2015 debc said:

LOL, for someone who keeps buying stuff MIO you never miss a chance to throw in a dig.

Personally I only go for the baking and serving pieces. I'm not even interested in the dinnerware, too heavy. Even with the Lenox I'm gathering I don't care to have a soap dispenser, spoon holder, etc.

I like some of the patterns and the designs of many of Temp-tations pieces, and the price of some of it, over the years has been reasonable for the quality (which varies greatly). I have always liked the line because of their replacement policy (which did change this year, and I'm now more careful where and what I buy), as well as the fact that no other line of kitchenware offered so many matching pieces.

But lately, some of the patterns are really not at all attractive, and she/Q is rushing to bring in all sorts of home decor stuff that, in my opinion, is just so tacky looking. I know many people feel that way about the entire line of Temp-tations, but I do like quite a number of patterns, past and present, for the actual kitchen, but just not too excited about the 'home decor' line at all.

I was flipping channels this morning and saw the reversible vase/candle holder. I would have gotten that in Old World Green, but went to my computer and thought I better take one more look at the presentation (given the new QVC rules re shipping and returns), and egad, I couldn't find a place to click on "watch live"! It wasn't on the home page, and wherever I found it, it wouldn't work. I gave up and went to order anyway, and it was sold out! The first time I would buy something from TT in years, and I couldn't because of the website change. Of course, after I missed out on it, I found a couple of places I could click and it actually gave me QVC live! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

But I do a little painting myself, and I've painted a small vase with the squares like this on the candle end. The painting is so simple, I have a few extra vases, and I just printed out the picture of the green Old World. I'm going to give it a try -- nothing ventured, nothing gained... and it doesn't have to go in the oven! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

ETA: Some of the other stuff like those shelves are a little tacky, similar things can be bought many places for a lot less $$$. The vase/candleholder was the only thing I would even consider.

Kittymom! Always great to see you, especially in enemy territory! Oh boy, bet I'll get this post removed with that one!

I ordered the clock in blue floral lace for my mom, and brown floral lace for me. I'm just hoping the workings are good in them. Those cheap clock workings will either run for decades (I have a few that just never quit) or they fritter out rather quickly. And did you notice that Tara went almost so far as to say this clock thing was new. She had clocks before, and someone on ebay has been making her plates into clocks for years as well.

I really don't get whether she is forgetting what she has released in the past, or is trying so hard to make it look like everything is a new idea. Not.

Great idea trying the vase yourself. You must be talented! Mine would look like a preschooler made it for Mother's Day! If you can post pictures, and it comes out well, please post!

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/29/2015 mominohio said:
On 4/29/2015 kittymomNC said:

Kittymom! Always great to see you, especially in enemy territory! Oh boy, bet I'll get this post removed with that one!

I ordered the clock in blue floral lace for my mom, and brown floral lace for me. I'm just hoping the workings are good in them. Those cheap clock workings will either run for decades (I have a few that just never quit) or they fritter out rather quickly. And did you notice that Tara went almost so far as to say this clock thing was new. She had clocks before, and someone on ebay has been making her plates into clocks for years as well.

I really don't get whether she is forgetting what she has released in the past, or is trying so hard to make it look like everything is a new idea. Not.

Great idea trying the vase yourself. You must be talented! Mine would look like a preschooler made it for Mother's Day! If you can post pictures, and it comes out well, please post!

You gave me a laugh with that one! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I figured I would be "safe" since I was actually wanting to buy something. Hate that I missed it - I did like that vase/candleholder. The Floral Lace things were pretty - hope you enjoy your clocks!

I have a lot going on right now, so it might be a while before I try my hand at the painting... but we'll see what happens! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Valued Contributor

On 4/29/2015 sunshine45 said:

i got the serving tray with the three candles in the dragonfly pattern. i have been waiting for more dragonfly pieces!

Trusted Contributor

Bless Tara's heart, she is going nuts with her design ! Soon I expect to see it everywhere!

Bathing suits, toilet paper, kitchen towels, wall paper for kitchens and dining rooms, sheets, etc..

It must keep her awake at night practicing drawing those little "doodles" and curly-Q's on paper to perfect them for the service pieces ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

P.S. I'm so curious ! I wonder if she has a really HUGE house to hold all of those bake ware and other multi-piecess so she can access them quickly. I would have to build a large room on the back of the house and have shelves to the ceiling in order to lay out each piece alone so I could find it and not hurt it while being stored until time to use it !

Respected Contributor

On 4/30/2015 Yammy25 said:

Bless Tara's heart, she is going nuts with her design ! Soon I expect to see it everywhere!

Bathing suits, toilet paper, kitchen towels, wall paper for kitchens and dining rooms, sheets, etc..

It must keep her awake at night practicing drawing those little "doodles" and curly-Q's on paper to perfect them for the service pieces ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

P.S. I'm so curious ! I wonder if she has a really HUGE house to hold all of those bake ware and other multi-piecess so she can access them quickly. I would have to build a large room on the back of the house and have shelves to the ceiling in order to lay out each piece alone so I could find it and not hurt it while being stored until time to use it !

LOL, the days where she doodled anything are probably long gone. I'm sure it's all done on computer these days and she's telling someone else to do it. Smiley Happy

Maybe she's like plumbers who have lousy plumbing, and mechanics that have cars that don't run, and has no temptations. Or a warehouse in her back yard.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*