Honored Contributor

Re: $200 for a 5# prime rib roast----whhaaattt!!!!!!

Prime grade always costs more......and is usually not available in supermarkets. There should be a ""prime"" stamp on the fat. If not......it's a rip-off.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Right now standing rib roast is $6.99 a pound. Our local meat market carries the best meat! We have rib roast quite a few times a year. It's easy and delicious.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/19/2014 coffee drinker said:

Our store had a coupon offering prime rib roast at $5.99/lb. and they also accepted another store's $10 off coupon with a $40 purchase. So my 6.5 lb. rib roast cost approx. $33. Merry Christmas to me.

I LOVE deals like this!!!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I don't like Prime Rib at all. Love Rib Eye. Interesting, they don't offer that one. In fact, a Rib Eye roast is darn hard to find!

Regular Contributor

Songbird: I'm with you. I have a relative who's a professional chef, and he considers prime rib little more than a thick piece of roast beef. For me its either a nice porterhouse or a bone-in rib eye.

Eating prime rib out is a less-than-rewarding experience. An awful lot of restaurants cook a big slab of beef to medium rare well in advance of dinner rush, and then finish it off to order. Who wants a steak that's been sitting around half-cooked all day?