Valued Contributor

2 qt pressure cooker yay or nay?

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

I really need some consumer opinions from QVC members who have purchased a 2 quart pressure cooker.

Are you satisfied for using it for side dishes or for smaller needs like feeding 2 or 3 people?

Do you prefer it over larger sizes, and I have a 6 quart Instant Pot pressure cooker which I love, but need something for smaller servings and sides.

I hope to read replies from other QVC members who have purchased and used a 2 qt pressure cooker and can recommend it, or not recommend it, and please list the reasons why.

Thanks in advance.

Valued Contributor

Re: 2 qt pressure cooker yay or nay?

I love my 2 qt and use it more than any other pressure cooker I have (6qt and 8 qt)

I keep it out on my back burner of my stovetop and use it for potatoes, eggs, reheating leftovers.  Use it on warm mode to reheat or to make nacho cheese sauce.

It holds a surprising amount so even to do a small pork roast for pulled pork or ribs it is big enough for 2 of us.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in the market for a modern small one for myself. Looking forward to hear the feedback on two quart units.

Honored Contributor

I liked that girl's macaroni and cheese recipe she spoke of the other day that she made in the small pressure cooker. Had to do with chicken broth, put your macaroni in that, then add the cheese I guess she said. Don't know if she used real cheese, powdered cheese like in Kraft, etc.  but , I'm going to research the video if I can find it. Sounded good.

If you just wanted to do potatoes for mashed potatoes instead of boiling on the stove I can see that.  Good for one or 2 people. Not that pricey. Sweet potatoes take forever in oven ! heats up kitchen for hours.

Small chicken to make chicken salad out of. I haven't found ONE chicken salad commercially I'd feed to a lizard, so, make my own. Some of the garbage I found what they do to chicken salad ! Ye Gads !  they turn it into a fruit salad. I mean, cranberries, pecans, grapes, apples ! What ? That's not how U make chicken salad.

I'll probably add one to my collection in the bye and bye.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own a 4 QT, (2) 6 Qt, (3) 8 QT, a 10  QT, and 12 QT. They range from round to oval.

I find myself using the 4 QT the most. It is good for grits, rice, dumplings, and soups. Because the 2 QT does not actually hold 2 QT's, I feel that it would be too small, and watching the demonstrations, they have problems dipping out of the 2 QT, and I can see why.  Even the utensils  seem too big for the 2 QT. I think a 2 QT is just too small. I vote for the 4 QT, where you can actually get 2 QT's of food, and still have a small footprint pressure cooker, for when you want to cook smaller amounts of food...

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

We are a two person family and I end up giving away the one and two quart saucepans in cookware sets. They take up too much room for their limited use.  Another thing, I hate boilovers and using larger pans prevents that.  A two quart pressure cooker would be totally out of the question for me.

Valued Contributor

I decided to purchase the 2 quart CE pressure Cooker in the cinnamon color as I believe it will be great for smaller amounts and side dishes, and all the input helped, so thanks everyoneSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I liked that girl's macaroni and cheese recipe she spoke of the other day that she made in the small pressure cooker. Had to do with chicken broth, put your macaroni in that, then add the cheese I guess she said. Don't know if she used real cheese, powdered cheese like in Kraft, etc.  but , I'm going to research the video if I can find it. Sounded good.

If you just wanted to do potatoes for mashed potatoes instead of boiling on the stove I can see that.  Good for one or 2 people. Not that pricey. Sweet potatoes take forever in oven ! heats up kitchen for hours.

Small chicken to make chicken salad out of. I haven't found ONE chicken salad commercially I'd feed to a lizard, so, make my own. Some of the garbage I found what they do to chicken salad ! Ye Gads !  they turn it into a fruit salad. I mean, cranberries, pecans, grapes, apples ! What ? That's not how U make chicken salad.

I'll probably add one to my collection in the bye and bye.

@SharkE, I would imagine if it was fresh cheese, that would be added at the end after cooking.  I'd be interested in the recipe if you find it though.

Valued Contributor

Hey, Hope you get it!  It's great for sides and full meals too!

You can put more than you think in it.  You can really fill more than 2/3 full too, you just make sure the Vent thing is clear and something that won't clog it.

I have ALL sz of PC and use them all

Honored Contributor

I 2nd that !