Respected Contributor

Re: 2 qt pressure cooker yay or nay?

I would probably purchase it but I've had a lot of problem with inner pot peeling. They replace my 6 qt. and it did it on the second one also. So I stay away from the Black interior. I kept my 6 qt. as I really did enjoy the ease of using it, so sad it went bad but I am waiting to see if I could get a stainless interior inner pot in the future. Also I've had bad luck with Cook's Essential brand pressure ccokers, I also had one that talked but it was in audible, that went back also. But one I did get my 6 quart I was in auw of , iwas so happy to use until the inner pot bubled up and peeled. I think about that being in our food that I served  out of it. So buyer beware .I hate, hate , returning items so very much.Just to note the talking pressure cooker was a Cook's Essential also.So there you go on my answer.

Honored Contributor

I posted on his Facebook page hope he looks at his posts LOL

Valued Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

I decided to purchase the 2 quart CE pressure Cooker in the cinnamon color as I believe it will be great for smaller amounts and side dishes, and all the input helped, so thanks everyoneSmiley Happy.

Please post back after you get it and use it.  I think you'll be surprised how much you use it!

Trusted Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

@GiantsLover wrote:

I decided to purchase the 2 quart CE pressure Cooker in the cinnamon color as I believe it will be great for smaller amounts and side dishes, and all the input helped, so thanks everyoneSmiley Happy.

Please post back after you get it and use it.  I think you'll be surprised how much you use it!

I ordered one yesterday.  I have a cuisinart that is great for larger things- Corned beef, chicken etc. but for just me- way too big. 

It's going to take practice.  I tried to make lentil soup yesterday.  The taste was good but the lentils turned to mush and it's more like baby food. (and I cut back 5 minutes on the time because I used red lentils vs green)

Trusted Contributor

@forrestwolf - I am in the market for an 6 or 8 qt. OVAL pressure cooker to replace my CE Technique hard anodized one I bought from the Q many years ago.  I am having trouble finding the oval shape pc.  What brand is your oval and are you happy with it?

TIA

Honored Contributor

Check Amazon 'refurbished' I bought one it's done good.

Valued Contributor

MY CE 2 qt pressure cooker arrived defective with a missing part so I am returning for a full refund from QVC,  and ordered the Instant Pot 3 quart duo since i have the 6 Qt Instant Pot and love it, so the 3 qt  duo mini should  hopefully work well too. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi LoveToChat

Do an interet search with Google and you will see all the oval PC's availableSmiley Happy.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@GiantsLover wrote:

Hi ,

I really need some consumer opinions from QVC members who have purchased a 2 quart pressure cooker.

Are you satisfied for using it for side dishes or for smaller needs like feeding 2 or 3 people?

Do you prefer it over larger sizes, and I have a 6 quart Instant Pot pressure cooker which I love, but need something for smaller servings and sides.

I hope to read replies from other QVC members who have purchased and used a 2 qt pressure cooker and can recommend it, or not recommend it, and please list the reasons why.

Thanks in advance.

@GiantsLover  I have a 2qt and a 6qt, I use the 2qt the most. I live alone so it's perfect for 1 or 2 people. I have the Cooks Essential and love it.

Honored Contributor

We use our 3 qt. Instant Pot all the time for the two of us.  We use it more than we use the 6 qt.  But I can't imagine using one smaller. 

I like that the pot is stainless too.  No problems with cleanup with it either.