Honored Contributor

I have made these often, and sometimes with some yogurt instead of all cream.

I don't measure either, just eyeball it!  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx @SouthernBee , you read my mind - cream sub would have been my next question!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme : I don't always have heavy cream and thought others might have the same problem.

Honored Contributor

That is the recipe I use but I just use regular flour and add the baking powder and salt.   For me it's easier than keeping another type of flour on hand.  

Respected Contributor

The biscuits look delectable, but I was stopped cold by "KNEAD FOR 5 MINUTES." I'd think they'd get tough, but perhaps they need that much work because of the cream instead of butter. Still, before I invest a cup of whipping cream in my expanding waistline, I'd like to be sure it actually is 5 whole minutes of kneading.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you,@SharkE ! I was trying to guess what the 2 ingredients were. I usually have heavy cream on hand - except for this week. (scrunchy face)

Honored Contributor

I didn't knead mine that long, just wrote what the recipe says.

doesn't make much dough, but, only 2 of us and he's not much on bread, biscuits, etc.   I added more cream to mine, too it was to dry .

I've been cooking so long I always end up doing stuff different then what the recipe usually says. LOL   This one I thought would be good for the folks who don't bake much, young people, etc.

I'd like to try the one on the back of the Gold Medal Self Rising bag since it's more flour, and U add butter and sugar sounds like it would be richer.

this one is so simple my rabbit could make it.

If you saw some of my long, long complicated roll recipes no way would anybody attempt those. Yeast rules, though ! hahahhaha love my yeast.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I've been cooking so long I always end up doing stuff different then what the recipe usually says. LOL  

this one is so simple my rabbit could make it.

@SharkEMe too! I'm always modifying.

Do you have a pet rabbit? If so, can you post about him/her in the Pet Lovers? I'll never forget my pet rabbit, Pierre!

Honored Contributor

No, just wild ones hanging around here in Tx.

Respected Contributor

These sound simple! I might make them and add cheddar cheese and chopped onions to make cheddar onion biscuits!