Regular Contributor

I used to look forward to ITKWD as well, and ever since Stacey was let go, I don't bother to tune in much any more. The constant airing of the TSV has also caused me to tune into QVC less and less.

Respected Contributor

If I see ONE MORE CHARGING DEVICE of ANY kind I will go insane!!!!

No matter which QVC channel, SOMEONE is always hawking a charger of some kind.

There's the answer.

People are watching teevee, social media, gaming....NOT "cooking".

And the cooking stuff has dwindled down to expensive high end Look at Me cookware ( Le Creuset and Staub or All Clad) or fast food cooking stuff (All the devices that cook mounds of Tan Glop-high carb, high fat high sugar air fryed bleeechhhh..).

Disclaimer: I DO buy Staub and Le Crueset because I LOVE to COOK, (not re-heat), and I know many people also do, BUT, I think a lot of the stuff being sold is used for show.)

At least it's a LITTLE different from years past....not so much of those MC snippers in a set of four fashion colors, or the endless puffing of humidifiers....puff puff puff...

And what happened to that Turkey Fryer guy with the cornball accent cooking turkeys in 100 gallons of motor oil on the kitchen counter?!?!?!?!?  And the WEN hair motor oil  for your scalp guy? And the Copper Chef cheapo cookware?

Easier to reheat tan glop in an air fryer while watching social media after your 900 gadgets charge.

I GOTTA get out....I'm going insane!!!!

Meanwhile, I gotta go charge something.

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

If I see ONE MORE CHARGING DEVICE of ANY kind I will go insane!!!!

No matter which QVC channel, SOMEONE is always hawking a charger of some kind.

There's the answer.

People are watching teevee, social media, gaming....NOT "cooking".

And the cooking stuff has dwindled down to expensive high end Look at Me cookware ( Le Creuset and Staub or All Clad) or fast food cooking stuff (All the devices that cook mounds of Tan Glop-high carb, high fat high sugar air fryed bleeechhhh..).

Disclaimer: I DO buy Staub and Le Crueset because I LOVE to COOK, (not re-heat), and I know many people also do, BUT, I think a lot of the stuff being sold is used for show.)

At least it's a LITTLE different from years past....not so much of those MC snippers in a set of four fashion colors, or the endless puffing of humidifiers....puff puff puff...

And what happened to that Turkey Fryer guy with the cornball accent cooking turkeys in 100 gallons of motor oil on the kitchen counter?!?!?!?!?  And the WEN hair motor oil  for your scalp guy? And the Copper Chef cheapo cookware?

Easier to reheat tan glop in an air fryer while watching social media after your 900 gadgets charge.

I GOTTA get out....I'm going insane!!!!

Meanwhile, I gotta go charge something.

@Othereeeen  LOL!  I think you'll feel better after you have some high carb egg nog!

Valued Contributor

I totally agree on ITKWD possibly being phased out.  It sure looks that way and if it does happen that will be the end of QVC for me.  I won't be happy but my wallet will be.  :smileyhappy:

Honored Contributor

@fthunt 

I have never believed for one hot minute these pieces were "hand painted" - maybe hand dipped in glaze but - they have never had quality painting like Polish Stoneware or Lenox of years long gone.

They are mass produced they'd need a lot of craftsman in China to paint millions...

lol🙄😉

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 Well..............I agree with you but that's the garbage selling line she's has been saying for years.  "All are hand painted".

She cranks out millions of dishes - even she would go broke paying - even the Chinese - to hand decorate them.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@fthunt 

I have never believed for one hot minute these pieces were "hand painted" - maybe hand dipped in glaze but - they have never had quality painting like Polish Stoneware or Lenox of years long gone.

They are mass produced they'd need a lot of craftsman in China to paint millions...

lol🙄😉

Oh, I totally agree that Temptations are poor quality but I can possibly believe that they are being rapidly hand painted and the painting is sloppy as a result.

I have a lot of Polish Stoneware and the painting is exquisite and the price reflects that.

Esteemed Contributor

I highly doubt ITKWD is going anywhere—there are very few shows at the Q that have so many items sell out during the program, especially when they're new, and David continues to be a top salesperson (if not THE top). And I also doubt Temp-tations is going anywhere; they have been releasing new items every week and their fans snap them up like hotcakes and often complain that there isn't enough for them to buy.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that there is no way they will get rid of ITKWD until D is ready to retire. The fact that they have every (almost) TSV in there is because many of his ladies just watch his show and will only buy it then. The fact that they always have a full 1 hour of the TSV both before and after his shows SHOULD be enough repeats, but he usually has to devote 2 or 3 25-30 minute presentations, which is usually when I walk the dogs or empty the dishwasher, etc.

I do think that David is on auto-pilot now and you can tell that he is frequently getting lost in his head when he starts a phrase and can't remember what he was going to say. But, it is usually a filler phrase or something that starts with, "I can tell you now that everybody is. . ."  I like David and I would feel bad that he seems to be so stuck, but he is getting paid a boatload of money and I am hopeful that he will be able to enjoy his retirement at some point. The day he leaves is the day the lights will go out at QVC. Other hosts have fans, but nothing like David. He IS QVC.