Honored Contributor

10 all-american foods that foreigners cant stand

10 all-american foods that foreigners cant stand......LOL, and i like all of them.....love some of them!

interesting list and the reasons why:

http://nutrition.answers.com/diets/10-all-american-foods-that-foreigners-can-apos-t-stand?param4=fb-...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: 10 all-american foods that foreigners cant stand

Odd list to say the least. Looks to me like so many other lists that populate the internet just to fill up space. I suspect, based on how the reasons are worded it was an American's list of things HE or SHE dislike that figured it would sound so much more important to claim that foreigners can't stand them.

Respected Contributor

Interesting that many of the items on the list are considered ""all American""...I don't know a single person who has eaten canned cheese ! That said.....I eat nothing on the list except chocolate and I only buy imported.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

Odd list to say the least. Looks to me like so many other lists that populate the internet just to fill up space. I suspect, based on how the reasons are worded it was an American's list of things HE or SHE dislike that figured it would sound so much more important to claim that foreigners can't stand them.

I agree, so many of these lists just feed on our generalizations. All women think this way - all men do this - all foreigners dislike these foods. I have been to around 24 countries and almost all of the states - there is nothing that all foreigners like or dislike about American food just like there isn't any list of foods that Americans like or dislike. We are all different and have our own preferences no matter where we come from.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Seems they like to eat healthier then we do. There were many on the list that I agree with them, like PB&J, red cake, grits, but I do love my bacon and sausage & gravy biscuits.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't put much value on this. My British relatives would definitely disagree with it, and so would friends of mine who live in Asia and elsewhere. I know many "foreigners" who don't fit into this at all.

It's just a generalization, nothing more. Kiss

Respected Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Alexia jones said: Interesting that many of the items on the list are considered "all American"...I don't know a single person who has eaten canned cheese ! That said.....I eat nothing on the list except chocolate and I only buy imported.

Hello,nice to meet you. I like canned cheese...especially on those " Chicken n a Biscuit" crackers!!! I also claim grits as my very favorite food. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 4/13/2014 Alexia jones said: Interesting that many of the items on the list are considered "all American"...I don't know a single person who has eaten canned cheese ! That said.....I eat nothing on the list except chocolate and I only buy imported.

LOL, i did in college.....it was a junk food staple.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

cant imagine not liking pb&j! I do see why so many of the other things on the list are turn-offs. I do disagree about breakfast; not all other countries eat fruit for breakfast...DH's uncle has pan-fried perch or cake each morning; he is from Amsterdam and this is quite customary....eggs and beans in Mexico...sausages in Great Britain

Honored Contributor

On 4/13/2014 birkin baby said:

Hello,nice to meet you. I like canned cheese...especially on those " Chicken n a Biscuit" crackers!!! I also claim grits as my very favorite food. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

lol the canned cheese and chicken n a biskit crackers were a food group when i was younger......and cheap to eat. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}