Honored Contributor

Re: $1.00 per meatball? Seriously?

@Pook

I bet yours a lot better, Pook!  

I know if you use better ingredients, you get a better outcome.

I guess sometimes they figure at this time of the year, people are tring to find easier ways to accomplish things, so food is just one of them, and so they are willing to pay more.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I like making my own...that way I know what is in them....

Honored Contributor

I guess if you compare the prices to restaurant prices, they are a bargain.

If you compare the prices to cook-from-scratch prices, they are very high.

Dh and I have delicious meals on a very small grocery budget. On the rare occasion that I do eat out, I'm always shocked by the prices - especially things like pasta.  I've ordered $17 pasta dishes that I know I could make in 30 minutes for $2 or $3. Compared to this, $1 meatballs don't sound so crazy.

@Nataliesgramma

I'm with you - I prefer to know what goes into my food.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

The only food item that has ever tempted me was the lemon (cello ?spelling?) cake hawked by Frankie Avalon. It looks so good. Of course I look at the price and decline.

We are all free to buy what we choose , but even at today's prices of beef $72. would make a lot of meals spent at the grocery.

Contributor

I know, when I see these prices sometimes, my jaw just DROPS.. I know they take time to make and I hope the ingredients are good, but 6 mini meatballs for $5 wouldn't fill someone up for lunch, that's for sure!

Respected Contributor

For those of you who say that this is a bargain, You must have more money than I do....

Respected Contributor

Someone is buy them, or they wouldn't sell them.  It's the consumers choice.

Honored Contributor

The one thing I know about money is that we can't spend someone else's  even though I'd love to have that power sometimes.  I just know I'd do a better job with it which really is what most of the posts objecting to this item/price are saying in my opinion.

It's not that I'm buying those meatballs because I'm not, but there are all kinds of ways to spend $72 that I'd prefer not to do.  It's a value thing though, not just a money thing.

Respected Contributor

Well, I am one of those people who got the meatballs.  I love meatballs, but rarely eat them.

Right now I am suffering from plentar fasciitis and I can tell you I am glad I have these meatballs in the freezer.  Tried them last night and they were really good.  Also, they are no more expensive then ordering takeout.

Occasional Contributor

Remember food items include shipping costs.  They are shipped for two day delivery which costs a bit more than $3.00-$5.00.

I've enjoyed all the food items I've ordered.  Sometimes if you don't have the time to make them, having it delivered comes in very handy!