Valued Contributor

Question about her 14k gold clad color

Is all her gold color the same? I had thought it was lighter gold with slight green tinge to it. Just got my gold chrono watch today and it's a deeper, richer gold with a touch of rose. I was expecting her lighter, greener gold color. Do they run different depending on the lot or is this the way the chrono runs in the gold shade? Thanks.

Contributor

Re: Question about her 14k gold clad color

Hi Blondelle. Judith's gold clad is usually as you have described.  Are you sure you ordered gold and not rose gold?   For a while only the rose gold was available in the chrono watch however I just checked and it seems that they are again offering the gold (returns?).   In any event, I would check the packing slip and perhaps call CS.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks. I definitely have the gold one. Can someone who has the gold chrono please chime in. It matches some of my real 14k pieces, but it just looks a little brassy to me. Is this chrono watch in gold supposed to be her lighter greenish gold or is it a richer gold more like the standard 18k color? Really curious what gold color others have on theirs.

Valued Contributor

@Blondelle wrote:

Thanks. I definitely have the gold one. Can someone who has the gold chrono please chime in. It matches some of my real 14k pieces, but it just looks a little brassy to me. Is this chrono watch in gold supposed to be her lighter greenish gold or is it a richer gold more like the standard 18k color? Really curious what gold color others have on theirs.

@Blondelle  I own several pieces of Judith's clad jewelry and watches.  I also own a few treasures in her 18K gold.  I believe the coloration of the watches is very slightly different from that of her jewelry pieces as the watches are stainless steel clad with gold...and jewelry is sterling silver clad with gold.  I find they both work beautifully with Judith's "celadon" 18k couture pieces.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for your responses. I wore the watch outside today and outside it was the color I thought it as supposed to be. Isn't that strange? Go figure! Inside it had a more brassy look. It could also be that I've been a straight silver gal and I'm not to wearing gold. Couldn't resist that initial enhancer special they had and mine was only available in the gold clad! So I saved $20 and theny spent $$$ on pieces to match. Wearing it with bracelets in silver, gold and a tennis look cuff and the look fabulous together.

Respected Contributor

I own both the rose gold as well as the yellow gold chrono watches.  In the center of the face of the yellow gold watch is yellow gold coloring.  The yellow gold watch also has an emerald colored stone on stem.  The rose gold watch has a more bronze center of the face of the watch with a ruby colored stone on the stem.  They are both great matches for my rose colored jewelry as well as my yellow gold jewelry.