Honored Contributor

Ques. For Those Who Have Owned The 14kt Clad For a While

[ Edited ]

Today I received J328298 - it was recently a LTS. I don't have experience with keeping Judith's 14 kt clad because I prefer the silver, which wasn't in stock in this item or I'd have ordered it.  I've had one or two clad pieces home but haven't kept them.  I do like this ring a lot, although I still would have preferred the silver.

Anyway, to my question, does the clad hold up over time?  Or does it wear off?  I generally dislike gold plated jewelry one reason being I think it won't hold up.

You don't have to respond regarding this particular item, although I'd love to hear from people who have owned it a while in the gold clad.   I'm interested in how her gold clad - any of it - holds up over time.  I wouldn't be wearing this every day but I'd still like to know.

Sorry if this has been discussed before.  I rarely read in this forum   and would welcome any responses from people with experience with her gold clad.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ques. For Those Who Have Owned The 14kt Clad For a While

I purchased J331247 in March and I wear it nearly every day.    I don't wear it at home but I do wear it to work daily.  I can't see any wear at all, even on the underside.

I prefer silver or 2-tone but I think this item was only offered in the clad.   I wanted it for the size of the stone, 15 carats!

@Pearlee wrote:

Today I received J328298 - it was recently a LTS. I don't have experience with keeping Judith's 14 kt clad because I prefer the silver, which wasn't in stock in this item or I'd have ordered it.  I've had one or two clad pieces home but haven't kept them.  I do like this ring alot, although I still would have preferred the silver.

Anyway, to my question, does the clad hold up over time?  Or does it wear off?  I generally dislike gold plated jewelry one reason being I think it won't hold up.

You don't have to respond regarding this particular item, although I'd love to hear from people who have owned it a while in the gold clad.   I'm interesting in how her gold clad - any of it - holds up over time.  I wouldn't be wearing this every day but I'd still like to know.

Sorry if this has been discussed before.  I rarely read in this forum   and would welcome any responses from people with experience with her gold clad.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee   I have a few clad pieces and they have held up very well.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

@newjerseygirl Thank you for your response.

@software I have always liked that ring you got - a showstopper!

Respected Contributor

Have several JR Clad pieces - Cuffs and Necklaces.  They are several years old - and still look like new.  After wearing - I wipe the jewellery with a damp soft cloth - make sure it is dry - and put it back in the original pouch.  

Valued Contributor

I've been wondering the same.  I've found generally necklaces and earrings hold up over time.  Rings that are worn daily or very frequently and bracelets get some wear and eventually the clad wears off around certain points of the piece.

Trusted Contributor

Dear Pearley,

I understand your concern. In my case I have never had any issue however always store my silver, vermeil or gold clad jewelry with the black anti tarnish papers that come with it.🌻

Respected Contributor

I keep the gold clad in the plastic bag with the anti tarnish paper.  I do not own that much gold clad.  Now the Ripka yellow gold chrono watch is another matter.  I wear it often and it looks as good as the day I purchased when it was first presented.