Honored Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Ripkanistas fleeing to Facebook, what's up...

[ Edited ]

@LuckyPeach Peachy - yes I did!  I also replied about the hat that you were going to knit.  I bet you didn't get that before it was poofed!  I would like to give you my email, as I am a supporter as well......lots o' pins on my jacket right now.  I am going to have my hair dresser dye a strand of my hair pink next week!

The guys were out earlier in the week and fixed a second floor window and the window below it on the first floor with new flashing.  They had to cut around the windows and repair, then restucco....we shall see if it holds!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

@moto wrote:

I think we are seeing a natural progression of what community means. At first, the Q forums filled a need of connecting to others who shared an interest in the line, That was successful in bringing many together who had both good and bad opinions. 

As more online friendships were made, folks were comfortable in moving to the next stage - from the anonymity of this kind of public forum where nicknames are used, to the FaceBook social media forum where you expose your whole real-world online self. 

Change is hard, but it happens. It's ok to say you miss the way it used to be.

Moto, thanks for your astute thoughts.  I agree, while there are stages (and I have gone through them), I think there is a continuous place for the Q boards to connect with others.  Always new people coming aboard and lurkers who become posters, even after years.  There are plenty of posters on these boards who have been here since the beginning and on Facebook, it also can be real or faux.   Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach Peachy - yes I did!  I also replied about the hat that you were going to knit.  I bet you didn't get that before it was poofed!  I would like to give you my email, as I am a supporter as well......lots o' pins on my jacket right now.  I am going to have my hair dresser dye a strand of my hair pink next week!

The guys were out earlier in the week and fixed a second floor window and the window below it on the first floor with new flashing.  They had to cut around the windows and repair, then restucco....we shall see if it holds!

MickD, I am soooo happy you saw it!  But, no, sadly I missed your reply.  My daily energy is up and down and that totally drives what I am able to do.  I got the taxes filed this week which is always stressful for me.  If you can remember at all what you said...   I am working on the hat, winging it myself and already took it apart and started over.  I plan to wear it in general, even if I do not have the energy to go to organized events.  I am not sure on how to do the email here, since the changeover. Your jacket sounds great and I love the hair idea.  I truly hope this board can regain some steam and feel open to newbies, oldies like myself and lurkers.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count: 11,633.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains personal information

Valued Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

The above is very subjective.  Honest to Pete, I'm gagging right now.  Before, in some ways, the board was too lax regarding bullies, and now it has definitely zoomed in the opposite direction.  I will be calling the President's Office during regular business hours next week.  Sincerely~Peach

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach I posted my email to you and the post was deleted.  Did ya get it?

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach I posted my email to you and the post was deleted.  Did ya get it?

Dang it, MickD, no.  I'm so sorry, I missed what you had to say and share.  I was thinking and if you know Kappy (she's pretty organized from what I remember), hopefully, she still has mine.  She lived through some stuff, too, from the bullies.  Please tell her I give my permission to share it.  Also, to others who may ask her.  Let me know if this works, thanks!  I've posted a new thread for this visit and will be moving to that one.  I'm trying to shake off the stink of censorship.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post count: 11,636.

QVC Customer Care

Frequent Contributor

Hi Peach....how are you? It has been awhile.....but I am back. Was watching Facebook postings, but I think our posts here are more friendly and fun. I don't remember when I last posted, and time flies on by. In Oct 2015, my Dad passed away from lung cancer only 2 months after being diagnosed. Then, in Oct 2016', my Mom's house in North Florida was impacted by Hurricane Matthew. She evacuated with our good neighbors/"family" next door (she's 83), but the house was flooded....only about 12-18" of water, but enough to ruin an awful lot....furniture, appliances, A/C, kitchen cabinets, walls, etc. the first floor was gutted down to concrete floors and replaced drywall. She lived with the neighbors while the house was being redone.....moved back in at Christmas.....repairs are still ongoing. Talk about an awful year for her....but she is a military wife, and has dealt with it all with remarkable grace. 

As for me, as long as she's OK, I'm OK. 

Haven't purchased much Ripka in the last 2 years....not much speaks to me, and the prices and quality are not what they used to be. My most recent purchase was a pair of small square pearl earrings with small 3 mm pearls and Diamonique for around $77.00. Many of the pieces are just too over the top for me. I am very tailored/conservative. But, I love all the pieces I have purchased over the years and happy to have them.

hope all is well with you....how are your puppies?   

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach wrote:

I'm wondering if the current censorship here is why Ripkanistas  have stopped posting on this board and have gone to Facebook?  This used to be a lively board of varying opinions about everything under the sun.  This lively board was responsible for a tremendous expansion in JRQ business, making JR the top Q jewelry designer.

Have the board changes driven down board traffic and JRQ sales?   The Q boards WERE famous internet-wide as a place for open information and opinions.  This had to drive a lot of business.

In contrast, the Q's open review system has been a resounding success driving sales and acting as feedback to the Q (as the boards used to give feedback as well).

Why the apparent disconnect between the new boards and review system?

Please share your thoughts.

Facebook groups are nice for discussing anything you want, I belong to a couple

the censorship here has really affect the traffic

the JR jewelry has also changed in the past few years, and the pieces I bought years ago are nothing like whats being shown either in design or relative price.