Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Q2 Judith Ripka November 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Hope everyone is doing OK--what a tumultuous year we've had so far!  Caught a bug a couple of days ago and am doing a lot of vitamin C which is helping.  Spirits are up, though. It finally feels cooler in SoCal.  Those plus 100 degree temps are so exhausting!  How about the Ripkanistas?  Miss everyone.

Here's the very full JR schedule this round:  Q2 Thursday: 9-10PM Eastern Standard Time (6-7PM Pacific Standard Time); Friday 12 Midnight-1AM EST (Thursday 9-10PM PST); 3-4AM EST (Midnight-1AM PST); 7-8AM EST (4-5AM PST); 11AM-Noon EST (8-9AM PST); 3-4PM EST (Noon-1PM PST); 7-9PM EST (4-6PM PST);

Who is getting the Big Deal (24" or 36"  12MM white Baroque Pearls in either sterling or gold clad)?  They seem irresistible, don't they?  Are you a JRQ Pearl person?

Please share what's up with you and which pieces are tugging at you?  Bestest wishes~Peach

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Q2 Judith Ripka November 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Sammycat~To comment from the last thread...I am so sorry to hear about yours and DH's need for surgery.  Any updates? Sounds so scary.

I didn't know about the Apple NASA/JPL channel, sounds interesting.  DH has been in Canada a lot and all are enthused about his invention.  He's still trying to head off the former coordinator employee (not a scientist) who hired all of his ex-interns and claims he's a manufacturer of the invention, LOL.  He tried to steal the actual manufacturer who has a respected 100-year history last week and was soundly rebuffed.  US customs has gone wack; they wouldn't let DH bring the instrument back into the US from Canada and treated him like dirt, so it had to be shipped.  What does your DH think of the new guy they are proposing to head up NASA?  No science and no technology experience.

Re: Cornwallis, haha.  You know so much more about all of this than I do!  Does the Maryland Line mean anything?

I will be caving shortly on the Q2 Big Deal.  Never met a JRQ pearl I didn't like!

I hope your health journey is finding solutions for you and DH.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,701.

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Q2 Judith Ripka November 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

New Jersey Girl~ re: your last post on my prior thread...DH is a NASA/JPL scientist specializing in Earth's atmosphere.  He has an invention based upon the methane sensor in the Mars Rover which looks for methane leaks (pipes, other sources), hand carry, in real time measurements.  Lots of industry types want it.  We do not profit, as it belongs to the American people.  Actual manufacturing should start next year.  It sounds cool but is the opposite of glamorous.  Lots of programming skills required and fighting for funding is endless.

Are you getting anything this round?  The Big Deal?  Your thoughts?

Hope all is OK with you.  Best wishes~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peach,

A quick note for now, as I'm laying in a fetal position becuase my sacroiliac joint is beyond inflamed.....didn't stop me from drooling over those baroque pearls though. LOL. Sorry for misspellings from the late hour and muscle relaxants!  So much more to write and I'll check back in tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

Lucky Peach,  I used to buy a lot of Judith's jewerly but stopped for a few years now...however this Q2 big deal necklace is calling my name....I might cave and get the short version.

Valued Contributor

Thank you Peach for keeping in touch and starting this discussion.

I absolutely love the pearl necklace. I watched the presentation late last night. I love pearls but like to wear them in an untraditonal way. I loved the way Judith was wearing the longer length wrapped twice.I have a very casual lifestyle but always wear jewelry. I will enjoy them with jean jackets, cashmere sweaters and boots.

Great to hear from everyone. Best wishes to all of you for good health and safety.

Gayle

Trusted Contributor

@gtx @LuckyPeach @haddon9 @Sammycat1

Nice to see some posts on the Forum.

I am passing on the Baroque pearl necklace.

I have these 2 older Pearl necklaces and I am quite happy with them

http://www.qvc.com/Judith-Ripka-Sterling-36%22-Diamonique-%26-Cultured-Pearl-Station-Chain.product.J...

http://www.qvc.com/Judith-Ripka-Sterling-22%22-Cultured-FreshwaterPearl-Station-Chain.product.J39249...

I have seen some of Judith's other Baroque pearls in person, worn by some friends and they are beautiful.

Image result for judith ripka baroque pearl necklace

Image result for judith ripka baroque pearl necklace

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

@newjerseygirl  I have this necklace from several years ago and love it!....but the one I have is only 18" and I like the 24" length on the Big Deal one.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That london blue topaz ring is coming home to me for Christmas....DH got one look at it and said, "hit the 'submit order' button!"  I'm done for these shows now...almost picked up the baroque pearls but I'm too much of a ring junkie.  Hope there was something special for everyone.

Trusted Contributor

I have a serious hoop addiction ... 

I had to purchase this:

J351530 - Judith Ripka Verona 14K Clad Multi-row Hoop Earrings in gold clad.

I did end up ordering the Big Deal in the shorter length.  Kept going back & forth on it.  I may still change my mind before the end of the night!