Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka late April/early May 2017 visits--what are you getting/interested in

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@LuckyPeach

Well after I declared that no JR this visit, I stumbled on an hour show with her on Q2 -- live streaming, from 9-10 eastern.  Got the little heart bracelet in yellow (I have very few yellow pieces and am just tentatively dabbling.)

We are doing pretty well, Peach.  I've got a walking boot on because of some ankle tendonitis brought on by my newly straightened out leg from the knee replacement.  The knee was the least of it -- now the aftershocks!  One more week to go on it.

Also am getting ready to submit the first 100 pages of my book about me and my cat (the one with rare double-sided heart failure who lived almost 3 years instead of the 3 days he was given....I still miss him so) to 8 agents who have requested a look (plus marketing/business proposals).  It's exciting and unnerving at the same time, but I have a lot of good support.  I've published before, but more "serious" type works in history and health care. so this is a first. 

DH is doing well and expanding his work -- he is web site manager for a county-wide library system in our area.  Perfect for a techno geek and voracious reader! 

Check out that Q2 schedule -- I had no idea until this evening that Judith would have an entire show -- in which she appeared, just like on regular Q -- until this evening! 

Keep giving 'em h*ll via the NYT!!

Sammycat,  I love the detailed update, thank-you.  As you obviously know, you have a good market for your book.  There are so many cat lovers out there and your true story is compelling.  Remind me, please, was it prayer, alternative treatment, faith or a combination of all three which lengthened your baby's life?  Or, perhaps you cannot say to spoil the surprise. I'm very proud of you!!! I think your book could do very well.

Oh, the boot for your leg, ugh.  "Who knew it was so complicated?"  I'm quoting an unnamed source, ha.  Is your healing on schedule?  It must be hard getting around.  My childhood best friend had her knee replaced at a relatively young age and ended up doing a lot of around-town simple bicycle riding to get back up to speed.  She is not the athletic type.  I've only had the little boots for bunion surgeries which really slowed me down.

Tell DH hello.  He's doing important work for all of us.  Knowledge is power and there can never be enough learning.  Imagine if everyone kept learning throughout their lives, the improvement in our country...

My DH is at the Bakken Shale flying his instrument on a drone for a Norwegian oil company.  All sorts of little emergencies have happened and he has repaired them but all of the observers are positive.  It is very stressful for DH.

Thanks for all of the Q2 info.  I had no idea and will look into it.  That's really something to think of JR on the other channel.  I will check out that heart bracelet.  I have a good amount of the clad and also some of the solid pieces (from Over There).  JR is my one true vice.

About NYT:  I got my second NYT Editors' Pick a couple hours ago.  I'm amazed, frankly.  I've been saying for months the judicial system needs to solve our big problem and now they finally agree.

Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,686.

Save the Vaquita (vivaVaquita dot org).

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka late April/early May 2017 visits--what are you getting/interested in

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach Peachy - MI used to have no fault insurance....easy peasy....I am sure it discouraged frivolous lawsuits.  I had never been in a car accident.  My bro totalled my car and he had no problems with insurance coverage and the other car/driver.

DH's office lease will be ending in June.  He has been working from home more.....slowly driving me crazy!  We are still working on plans for our backyard and hope to get things moving.  In the meantime, I am busy cleaning the house....good exercise.

Hey, I love that two tone cuff and have it in my WL...it is very retro!  I hope things turn around for you......it is easy to gain and lose weight when under stress...that's life, right??

@MickD

MickD, first, I have to tell you, I came across your review of the three DMQ stack rings and I caved for the entire lot.  Yes, I went there.  Thank-you.Heart  They should be here soon.

I've had to really press my insurance agent and he left a message stating he had "good news" but hasn't returned my call.  I nearly hit the roof yesterday after receiving some nonsense form letter saying my CA Good Driver discount was in jeopardy due to the rip-off estimate.  A long conversation with the agent ensued.  For heaven's sake, the photos show no damage and all who've seen them agree to this.  All I can say is that the system is broken.  I told him I would send everything to the state insurance commissioner if they don't straighten this out ASAP.  My agent told me the industry changed because agents were too generous to their clients. Greed. I guess now it is all about the stockholders, not the insured.  Like you said about your Bro and MI, that's how it used to be for me, too.

Today I noticed a beautiful JRQ estate cross enhancer went on clearance, soooo

Take care~Peach

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach Well I am glad that you are sticking to your guns with the insurance nightmare......unbelievable!  Yay the rings are work horses!  I sent you an email......thought I had your correct address for yahoo.......

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach Well I am glad that you are sticking to your guns with the insurance nightmare......unbelievable!  Yay the rings are work horses!  I sent you an email......thought I had your correct address for yahoo.......

@MickD

MickD, I haven't gone to that email in a while but will in the next day or two, promise.  I'm too worn out (stupid CFS and stress) and have to do some things tomorrow.  I know it sounds weird, but think of it like you have only so much gas in the tank and a certain number of miles to get out of it. 

Thanks for the support on the insurance silliness.  I did receive the call-back finally and  not only will I NOT be dinged for "CA good driver," but also will still remain with "accident-free" discounts.  No rate increase, either.  For a guy, my agent really likes to talk.  He was so adamant that I would be held responsible for touching (that's the only accurate word) the other driver's car, so the 180 was a welcome surprise.  Also, they knocked the "repair" authorization down to a max of $300 (from $1.93K) and the estimating shop is being investigated.  I told you I was 80% backed out of the space and now I'm an insurance joke saying if only I backed out 79%, there would be no touching of the other vehicle. OK, haha.  I'm relieved but will now wait for documentation as proof.  All of this makes me long for the days before greed ruled.  Was your brother hurt when he totalled your car?  That must've been traumatic in every way. I hope he's OK now.

One bad thing for all of us in SoCal (and maybe other places in the US) that my agent shared: rate increases are coming for everyone because of  increased number of accidents due to distracted drivers (ie texting, phones), mostly Millenial accidents.  He says he gets five of those daily, just in his office.

About your DH at home.  I would not do well with that.  It would be nice if a garage could be converted into an office.  Heck, there were three families living in our tiny house and garage before we got it--typical SoCal.

The rings will become staples, I'm sure, so thanks again!Heart

One more JRQ show down tomorrow AM, all gold I think.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,688.

Save the Vaquita! (vivaVaquita dot org).

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach Peachy - I hope you sleep well tonight, my friend.....you have a good soul.  And you are a true fighter.  I hope you can ****** the CFS in the bud after this stuff is resolved.  I had a bout of CFS and was out of my mind sick....down to 90 lbs.....it is no joke.  I've been there.  My bro was fine.....thanks for asking!  DH now has his office until end of July....i am saved for now!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G