Respected Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

My first Ripka piece was the leather necklace with the puffed heart.  I still wear the heart on a very heavy Ripka link chain.  I also purchased that day a pair of silver hoop earring with small diamonique in a row.  I still wear those earrings also.  Look good as new.  Needless to say my jewelry box is filled with Ripka-all still beautful and worn frequently.

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2017 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@MizKringle wrote:

I've been enjoying the shows but have been successful at resisting so far.  I like the new Olivia ring and earrings.  I'm a long time collector. I'm not sure exactly what my first piece was, but it might have been the puffy heart on the leather cord.  I love my Ripka pieces.  There is just something about them that has a happy energy. I go through phases and sometime wear more Bixby and then I'll come back to Ripka or someone else. I have eclectic taste.

btw @LuckyPeach I replied to your thread about posters who have left the Q boards.

MsKringle, so nice to hear from you (and thanks, I'll look up that other thread in the next couple days--I have ME/CFS so I have to parcel out my energy).  It is so nice to hear from long-time collectors who "get" the Ripka vibe.  ITA that the energy is happy with JR pieces.  I always feel it when I choose designs to wear when going out.  I mix things up, too, but Ripka is always foundational for me.  My chosen wedding band is a JR 18K with beaded center going around and the front has two sideways hearts with a 15 point round Diamond between them. The two hearts also have small Diamonds inside. The gold has a slight green tone and matte finish.  I never take it off.  That black leather magnetic cord with puffy heart is so perfect.  I'm glad to see JR has added the gold and rose clad versions to the JRQ collection, though I haven't yet gotten them.  Thanks so much for posting!  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@newjerseygirl wrote:

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@newjerseygirl wrote:

I ordered the TSV in the gold and the silver.

It's great to see you New Jersey Girl, congrats!  Honestly, I've been thinking along the same lines.  Do you know if the ring is lightweight or more like old school Ripka?  How are you doing?  Take care~Peach

I hope it is like old school Ripka.    I'll know for sure in a couple of days.

@LuckyPeach

I'll be looking for your review New Jersey!

Valued Contributor

@River Song wrote:

Just wanted to jump into the discussion and say that the opal triplet and London blue topaz ring (J328810, $238) is my new favorite JR ring!  I purchased it when it was first presented and lucked out with a lovely opal with stunning displays of blues, greens, red and orange.  Plus, I like that it has a low profile, isn't over-the-top, and the side stones don't dig into my fingers.  A winner!

I think my first JR purchase was the DMQ heart ring, I believe it was a TSV?  Then, I think my next purchase was the black magnetic leather cord/reversible heart enhancer necklace.

I had a ton of JR, sold almost all of it around five years ago, yep, a traitor, LOL.  My tastes have changed, yet again as I've gotten older, and I'm back to buying JR.  Haven't purchased anything since the opal ring because I'm in sticker shock!  I really regret selling some of my old JR...what was I thinking... 

River Song, first (besides great Nic!), love your thoughts at the bottom of your post.  Treason will be up soon, IMHO.  But thanks so very much for your review of the Opal Triplet ring!  I was wondering about that ring and it sounds so fabulous.  Don't you think it has become so difficult to keep up with the JRQ line since it has gotten to 1,300 designs? 

It does seem like most of us Ripkanistas have the black magnetic leather cord with puffy heart and the pave DMQ heart ring, doesn't it?  You just cannot go wrong with either one.

ITA about the sticker shock.  I nearly always end up waiting until I see a price that is "correct" for me.  As for selling your old JR, you know that doesn't have to be the end of it.  You can probably find nearly every piece you sold again back Over There (major auction site) at pretty good prices.  There's always about 4K listings which are daunting but it might be fun for you to reconnect with a few you'd like to have again.  And you know with so many of the older designs, the quality cannot be beat!  Thanks for your honest post and taking the time.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,675.

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach Hey Peachy!  What have you bought?  I feel like c.  O.    M.    E.     Y.   And n.    U.     N.    E.    S.   The way I've waffled back and forth on liking the tsv!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

NOthing for me because I made a major investment last month when I bought the solid 14k Monaco style ring with the amythest stone as I have a Feb birthday.  IT was a birthday gift and a congratulations you survived your first year as a widow gift from me to me.  I have wanted a solid 14k piece since I first saw Judith's couture jewelry in a high end jewelry store many, many years ago.  I have several silver pieces and gold clad but I lusted in my heart for the 14K piece that I never thought I would own.

{KathyPet}, I've seen your Nic for years and I'm very sorry--it must be quite an adjustment to be a widow.  I have thought about it myself, but you have lived it.  Congratulations on investing in the Amethyst 14K Monaco.  How are you loving it?  I bet it is beautiful!Heart  Thank-you for sharing.  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach Hey Peachy!  What have you bought?  I feel like c.  O.    M.    E.     Y.   And n.    U.     N.    E.    S.   The way I've waffled back and forth on liking the tsv!

Now THAT's the MickD I remember, haha!  All I can say is that it "Smells like Treason Spirit," if you remember the Nirvana song.  Did you read what I told Sammy?  Her DH follows my DH's work.  No more NASA education and internships.  This summer DH has someone coming from the College of Engineering at NIU.  He's had a few and it has always been a huge help when they graduate and go job hunting.  But in 2018 it will be cancelled unless other persons are cancelled.   I have waffled myself on the TSV ring.  I'd like to know if JR or anyone has mentioned the gram weight.  If it is 8 grams or so, I'm in.  If it is 4, I'll wait.  With all that presence, I'd like some heft!  Yesterday, during the E/P flash sale, I got the Emerald hoops from Last Clicks.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date:  May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,677.

Valued Contributor

@culebra wrote:

My first Ripka piece was the leather necklace with the puffed heart.  I still wear the heart on a very heavy Ripka link chain.  I also purchased that day a pair of silver hoop earring with small diamonique in a row.  I still wear those earrings also.  Look good as new.  Needless to say my jewelry box is filled with Ripka-all still beautful and worn frequently.

Culebra, nice to see you!  That's a great idea to wear the pave DMQ puffy heart on a very heavy link chain.  How heavy are you going?  I have that one and for the life of me, cannot remember the nickname for it.  I should go find it.  Do you remember the one I'm talking about?  Seriously heavy!  Big momma...hmmmm.  I'll try to remember. Thanks for the reminiscence.  Hope all is OK with you.  Take care~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Peach!  I can't remember my first Ripka piece anymore!  Already bought the moon and stars cuff on LTS thanks to an alert from @sunshine45.

Sammycat, how are you doing?  I got that cuff, too, in silver.  Did you go for silver or the clad?  Please tell your DH mine is working on a CO2 sensor for astronaut space suits.  We had a drama with another person leaving, taking DH's interns who also quit and thinking he's going to make a million with DH's other prototype.  Except that now this person is gone, none of the industry people will talk to him without the actual inventor (DH) on board.  He just knew how to demonstrate the invention. He thinks the interns will build a copy.  It's sort of like thinking you know how to drive by watching another person drive. Meanwhile, the invention will be made in the US by a Japanese-owned company who finally signed on after dragging things out for a couple of years. The patent came though, too.  A big relief and a relief to see the other person who is out for himself go.  This took all of my limited energy and caused a lot of stress in our household.  Looking forward, what do you think of all the new JRQ designs?  My head is exploding a little bit with all the new.  I've been so bad lately, I'm trying to stay strong.  How is your writing?  I'm still posting my NYT comments like mad.  Take care~Peach

Hi Peachy,

The writing is going well...never enough time in the day!  Your poor DH, making such important contributions to science and dealing with claptrap.  My DH gives him two thumbs up ... he has 3 books on astronaur space suits and loves all the details.  I'm trying to sit on my hands during this Judith visit.  So many choices, my wish list is exploding. Take care, my friend!

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach Yup, I hear ya pink sistah!  Very sad and sobering......but JR will deliver us from evil!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G