Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka June 2017 visit: what are you getting/interested in?...:)

[ Edited ]

@LuckyPeach

Peach, I've been a licensed battlefield guide of the Gettysburg battlefield for 15+ years...it's a privilege.  There have been fewer licensed guides at Gettysburg than astronauts!  It's a highly specialized role for which you study a lifetime.

My ankles are giving me fits though...I think I'm headed for a total ankle replacement.  No matter, I'm still writing my book as well as numerous other projects.

Three cheers to your DH and I hope you're still writing away.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka June 2017 visit: what are you getting/interested in?...:)

Hi Peach...so sorry to hear of your losses and your not feeling well.....feel better soon! Stay indoors, drink lots of water and stay out of the sun in that weather......brutal! The only JR pieces I liked were the double strand pearls and a pair of earrings in peridot ...also available in amythest. I chose to wait on the pearls and ordered the peridot earrings, which have not arrived yet. I also ordered a pair of Joan Rivers Private collection pearl drop earrings which are very dressy and look very real for more special occassions. They will really elevate my many pearl necklaces and several of Judith's necklaces as well. The prices and designs on the newer Ripka are just not for me....I like the real gold pieces that are more delicate and the almost $2000.00 watch, but I'd rather enjoy the jewelry I already have....I need to wear it more often instead of being lazy and grabbing the same old pieces. Totally off topic....looking forward to the finale of Genius on National Geographic about Albert Einstein. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it...produced by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer. Quality TV for a change!