Valued Contributor

Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka June 2017 visit: what are you getting/interested in?...:)

Sorry, I've been MIA--a couple of family passings and not feeling well. 

How's Summer going for the Ripkanistas?  We're getting ready for a new heat wave, pushing 100 degrees, ugh.

Here's the schedule for this visit:  Tuesday 1-3AM Eastern Standard Time (10PM-Midnight Pacific Standard Time Monday); 4-6PM EST (1-3PM PST); 10-11PM EST (7-8PM PST).

Please share which JR has piqued your interest or what's on your JR wishlist, or just what is happening in your spot on the map.  Thanks in advance~Peach

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka June 2017 visit: what are you getting/interested in?...:)

[ Edited ]

@LuckyPeach oh my gosh, Peachie...how are you?  I was worried!  I got that art deco cuff that you have on a LTS last month....so I'm set......for now.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Super Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka June 2017 visit: what are you getting/interested in?...:)

HI Peach. I hadn't seen you posting in a while and I figured something was going on with you. I'm glad to see you back here. I hope the challenges will lessen with time.

I was tired and was going to go to sleep last night but when I read that Beth was presenting JR, I tuned it. I perked up really quickly after that.

I am really tempted by the ODO leather necklace in both the SS and gold clad. It looks like it would be such an easy piece to wear and the pricing is better now. I also like the new jade ring. Just look up ripka jade.  I wonder if it will be presented this afternoon.

I'm still a Bixby lover, but recently, my JR jewelry has been calling to me more. Especially my older pieces. They just have such a positive energy. It makes me smile.

Sending you a big hug and good energy. I hope you enjoy this afternoon's show.

Valued Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@LuckyPeach oh my gosh, Peachie...how are you?  I was worried!  I got that art deco cuff that you have on a LTS last month....so I'm set......for now.

@MickD 

Hi, MickD, wow, I apologize.  I still haven't been able to get back to the other email, either, sorry.  Too much "stuff" going on and not enough energy to even deal with that.  It is finally getting back to normal now, though TG!  Thank-you so much for what you wrote above.  It keeps me going.  Such a shame that this board is harder to express yourself on.now...especially considering the state of things.  We need to get the frustration out, correct?  My pink hat is glowing, ha!

Congrats on that cuff!  It's so different, right?  I have been living lately in these LA Times black t-shirts (look them up, you'll figure out which ones I'm talking about), black knee-length shorts, Birks and loads of JR.   Max casual and max JR.  If you like those tees, they wash well in the machine, air dry.

What is going on with you?   How are you feeling?

Judith really has a lot of new designs over the past month...the list prices are always breathtaking for me.  I found a couple of "As Is"--MOP Moon enhancer and blackened Tubogas collar.  Also fell for the price drop on the S/S Love ring.  ~Thinking of you and please take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,691.

Save the Vaquita (vivaVaquita dot org).

Esteemed Contributor

Hi peach....sorry you haven't been feeling well.  I got the same art deco cuff you got on the same LTS as MickD, so I'm just window shopping also.

Hope you feel better soon.  I've been writing but also working as a guide in this lovely 96 degree heat and humidity on the Gettysburg battlefield.  Bad hair days for all.  My DH says hi and keep up the good work to your DH.

Valued Contributor

@MizKringle wrote:

HI Peach. I hadn't seen you posting in a while and I figured something was going on with you. I'm glad to see you back here. I hope the challenges will lessen with time.

I was tired and was going to go to sleep last night but when I read that Beth was presenting JR, I tuned it. I perked up really quickly after that.

I am really tempted by the ODO leather necklace in both the SS and gold clad. It looks like it would be such an easy piece to wear and the pricing is better now. I also like the new jade ring. Just look up ripka jade.  I wonder if it will be presented this afternoon.

I'm still a Bixby lover, but recently, my JR jewelry has been calling to me more. Especially my older pieces. They just have such a positive energy. It makes me smile.

@MizKringle

MsKringle, what a beautiful post, thank-you for your sweet words.  How are you doing?  What is happening with you?

I agree about the leather necklace with dangle heart.  It is VERY wearable.  I have the sterling version in pink, purple, and gold.  I have been looking at the clad version in navy.  I think it is a necklace for the long haul.  Wear it a lot, give it a vacation when the time comes and then when the mood is right, even months or years later, it will thrill again!  And definitely, the sale price makes it tempting.  I almost never buy JR now until there is an enticement.  I also look a lot at the secondary market, Over There (major auction site).

About Beth: she's a very special person.  Some years ago, I mailed back the original version of JR's wedding band because I was so frustrated with the finish going south.  I didn't expect an answer, or even want it back.  I just wanted them to take a look at it.  Beth tracked me down, fixed it and sent it back in perfect condition.  I like her very much.

I saw the new Jade rings--very nice.  I do want the Jade Monacos and probably will get them eventually.  It is a treat to see Jade being brought back to the collection.

I like Bixby also, but wait until something jumps at me in an LTS, etc.  I have the Garuda Bird ring, so cool!  Have you found that the necklaces with the rings/18k flower hold up (the ring opening clasp)? 

Yes, yes, yes to vintage JR.  I often pull it out or even get a back-up of a beloved piece from Over There (major auction site).  Last week I wore the quilted cuff with the pave DMQ heart dangle in the center.  Classic!

Did you decide on any of the leather necklaces with heart dangle?

Thanks so much for stopping buy and catching up.  Take care~Peach

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi peach....sorry you haven't been feeling well.  I got the same art deco cuff you got on the same LTS as MickD, so I'm just window shopping also.

Hope you feel better soon.  I've been writing but also working as a guide in this lovely 96 degree heat and humidity on the Gettysburg battlefield.  Bad hair days for all.  My DH says hi and keep up the good work to your DH.

@Sammycat1

Sammycat, touring the Gettysburg battlefield?  Wow, how cool is that?  How did this come about?   The heat stinks, we'll be at that level in a couple of days.  We don't have the humidity here, which I miss (remember, I lived in Chicago most of my life).  That keeps your skin in better shape, if not your hair.  For me, the humidity gave my medium-fine hair some life.  No chance of that in LA!  Is your hair thick or wavy?

I have never seen DC or any of those sites.  At the same time, I've toured the Chinese and Vietnamese congress buildings.  Ridiculous, I know.

Mostly window-shopping here, too.   Did get that Love ring in sterling...

Please tell your DH hello.  My DH is working on a deadline for his astronaut space suit sensor design--seven days a week.  We only go out for breakfast on Sunday mornings, that's it.  He's got two other competitors, one, a small company who takes money and comes up with nothing and the other, a ruthless corporation.  He's really a best buy because he gets the job done and is basically already on the payroll, ha.  Remember when that used to be the norm?  What is up with your DH?

Am still working on the cough with something called Black Seed, which is cumin or Nigella Sativa.  It is supposed to get to hard-to-kill viruses.  Thank-you for the well-wishes.  How are you doing?   Please update. Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,693.

Respected Contributor

I broke down and purchased the beautiful double strand of pearls.  I hope they are as beautiful and unique as on TV - definitely a considered purchase.  I just thought they were so classy looking.

Super Contributor

@LuckyPeach wrote:

@MizKringle wrote:

@MizKringle

MsKringle, what a beautiful post, thank-you for your sweet words.  How are you doing?  What is happening with you?

I agree about the leather necklace with dangle heart.  It is VERY wearable.  I have the sterling version in pink, purple, and gold.  I have been looking at the clad version in navy.  I think it is a necklace for the long haul.  Wear it a lot, give it a vacation when the time comes and then when the mood is right, even months or years later, it will thrill again!  And definitely, the sale price makes it tempting.  I almost never buy JR now until there is an enticement.  I also look a lot at the secondary market, Over There (major auction site).

About Beth: she's a very special person.  Some years ago, I mailed back the original version of JR's wedding band because I was so frustrated with the finish going south.  I didn't expect an answer, or even want it back.  I just wanted them to take a look at it.  Beth tracked me down, fixed it and sent it back in perfect condition.  I like her very much.

I saw the new Jade rings--very nice.  I do want the Jade Monacos and probably will get them eventually.  It is a treat to see Jade being brought back to the collection.

I like Bixby also, but wait until something jumps at me in an LTS, etc.  I have the Garuda Bird ring, so cool!  Have you found that the necklaces with the rings/18k flower hold up (the ring opening clasp)? 

Yes, yes, yes to vintage JR.  I often pull it out or even get a back-up of a beloved piece from Over There (major auction site).  Last week I wore the quilted cuff with the pave DMQ heart dangle in the center.  Classic!

Did you decide on any of the leather necklaces with heart dangle?

Thanks so much for stopping buy and catching up.  Take care~Peach

@LuckyPeach 

I have had a lot happen over the past few years. It's been one thing after another. I finally burned out and crashed, but I'm finally recovering. I'm also looking for a job. I think that things will eventually work out. I think there were lessons I was supposed to learn over the past few years, which I did.  I feel proud of myself just for surviving.

If my financial situation was different, I would have gotten a few of the leather necklaces. I also kept telling myself that I didn't need another leather JR necklace. I have the original with the puffy heart and also the faux leather that is similar to this one in black (w/silver) and brown (w/rose). But when Judith said that this one was different than her other ones, all of a sudden i could see it and caved. I got the gunmetal leather with silver. I can see this being a go-to piece.  The 6 ezpays helped.

I have the Bixby Garuda ring too, and the Garuda enhancer. I love Barbara's artistry. Some of Judith's recent designs have been comparable - like her lizard/alligator, lion, elephant pieces or the recent zodiac charms. Right now, I just have to love them from afar.  As for the Bixby circles, I have been very surprised at how durable they are.  Eventually (after quite a long time), the silver can loosen up slightly, but a very slight manual adjustment will make it very secure once again. But I admit that I still worry sometimes about the circles being secure, even though there is no reason for me to worry.

Many of JR's newer pieces are so much lighter in weight than her items from the past, or the backing on a piece might not be part of the design anymore. Some of these changes are discouraging. While most of my JR pieces are from the Q, I have also picked up a few from the secondary market. Wouldn't you know it that the items I picked up over there were things I really, really wanted when they came out on the Q, but which I resisted at the time.  I guess I never forgot about them.

Take care - MizK

Honored Contributor

@LuckyPeach Peachie - I am sorry you're going through a rough patch right now....life, isn't it grand?  But what's the alternative???

DH is doing well now that he has his own practice.  I'm fine as long as he stays in his office!  DS has been battling increased OCD symptoms since April and now he just started Prozac the other week so we'll know if it's working or not soon!

I am just keeping busy with major cleaning and purging of stuff.  The city and our hoa have our plans for the backyard so fingers crossed that they will  both accept.

Love your look.....and I love that "...won't shut up" T! I am going to get it!  Looks like great quality material....words and cloth!!!  Thanks for the info!  I have so many buttons and pins....moved many of them from my jackets to my hippie-dippie purse!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G