Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka February 2017 visit(s)--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@pupwhipped wrote:

Hey, @LuckyPeach. Thanks so much for your reply, too, about the necklaces! Well, I woke up this morning and caved...I caved in a big way. Ha! I ordered the necklaces and two other items, J323385 in lemon quartz No Image Found

and J328078 No Image Found  

I already have this ring in silver and I love it. I kept waiting for the price to go down on the gold clad but it never has, so I gave up and got it. And the enhancer at the clearance price seemed okay...I've always liked it. Anyway, I decided with Judith coming on later I better get while the getting was good. Things do sell out when you least expect it......or when you wanted it the most. 

Best to you and thanks for your reply!

Pupwhipped, may I ask which sort of pup?  We have three Yorkies who run the show, all rescues.  We saw "A Dog's Purpose" today, and cried, of course (even DH).  It's an OK film but we'd be fine just watching dogs run around--our weakness!

Congrats on your JR buys (and the photos) .  I always like it when I get to hear about JRQ "stuff" I don't have so I can see another opinion. Nice picks!  I'll be very interested to hear what you think about the tri-color when you see it in person.  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Join Date: May 8, 2008;  Post Count:11,640.

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka February 2017 visit(s)--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Hi Peach,

Good to see you!  Our winter in PA has been warm and almost free of snow.

I received my 3 stone morganite ring by Judith when it was marked down on sale....and it's gorgeous!  I hate orange undertones in a lot of morganite, but this is true blush pink.  So I'm cut off for awhile.

Tonight I'll be watching the Super Bowl with DH...his beloved New England Patriots are playing, so I'll be doing some sneak peeks ofvthe 6 p.m. show on my nook!

Sammycat, hi!  Congrats on the Morganite ring.  I know that's a serious one and glad to hear the stones meet your expectations.  This is one line where it can go either way.  Did you see the new Panther animal cuff?  Holy smokes, wow, what a design! 

DH has the game playing in the background so we just heard Lady Gaga play all of her hits.  I like her.  I believe many feel your DH's team will win.  I'm not a football person and my DH is more involved in the college teams.  For me, the Oscars are one of my favorite days of the year--very exciting.  I have never gone, but when I was a critic, got to go to the Emmys. 

Still a lot of knuckle biting here, getting through each week, YIKES!  The constant JRQ LTS have been killing me.  Take care and tell DH hi.  My DH is hanging in there.  Take care~Peach 

Respected Contributor

Hey @LuckyPeach. Our pup of choice has always been the Cairn Terrier. Hubby and I have had five of them. But we've also taken in some stray dogs, too. A Momma black labrador and her starving to death little puppy, a terrier mix my husband found abandoned in a rural park, and a beagle mix who had heart worms. At one point in time we had six dogs all living inside our home...a bit of a zoo. Ha! Now, we only have one Cairn. Losing the others has really taken a toll on me. Hubby and I have no children so our dogs have always been our babies. Miss them one and all.

Best to you, Peach!

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Hey @LuckyPeach. Our pup of choice has always been the Cairn Terrier. Hubby and I have had five of them. But we've also taken in some stray dogs, too. A Momma black labrador and her starving to death little puppy, a terrier mix my husband found abandoned in a rural park, and a beagle mix who had heart worms. At one point in time we had six dogs all living inside our home...a bit of a zoo. Ha! Now, we only have one Cairn. Losing the others has really taken a toll on me. Hubby and I have no children so our dogs have always been our babies. Miss them one and all.

Best to you, Peach!

Pupwhipped~ Glad to talk to another JR lover and a dog parent on top of that!  Cairns are very nice.  There was another Ripkanista who used Cairn as her nic and she loved them, too.  DH and I are the same as you...the dogs are our kids.  That's so wonderful that you both took in strays.  One of our regular outings is to the local shelter, which is always full because we live in a heavily-populated area (the whole LA area is *at least* 13 million!).  Because we adopt from the shelter (and one time a lady waiting in line just gave us her Yorkie after we talked for a while--he turned out to be ill, but made it for 2 1/2 years), often the dog is older.  I totally get the toll it takes when they get ill and go to the Rainbow Bridge.  I have to say, I thought I was sad but OK until I posted about it here on the Ripka board, two losses over the years and the responses literally saved me.  I'll be forever grateful for that.  The pain can be so tremendous.  About six months ago we adopted a five-pound Yorkie girl who was in the killing pen at the shelter.  It was so close.  She needed surgery and now is doing great.  I think she's about 10 but acts 5.  I give her alternative treatments and feel optimistic she'll go for some time.  Thanks for sharing!  Take care~Peach

Actual stats:  Chicagoan now in LA; Joing Date: May 8, 2008; Post Count: 11,642.    

Valued Contributor

MickD, just checking in with you.  I see the thought police are doing their thing.  Smiley Sad Let me know if you were able to connect with Kap who has my info.  I will be calling the Prez Office of the Q soon.  Hope all is well.  What do you think of that new Panther cuff?  Pretty spectacular IMHO.  Another short visit next week.  I still cannot play any videos since the changeover so I have to rely on photos.  So many things are less with the changeover that haven't been addressed. The supplements have made a real difference with my eye issues!  Take care~Peach

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is offering personal information.

Respected Contributor

Hey @LuckyPeach@Sammycat1, and @gtx. Got a question for you all if you don't mind. I just got my ring that I posted about earlier in this thread. I ordered a size 6 and the ring I received is at least a size 9...maybe even 10. It's HUGE!  It's too big even on my thumb! When something like this happens to you, do you call customer service and tell them about it, or do you just send the item back and note the problem? I've already got another size six in my cart to order cause I really love this ring and want to make sure I get one. I'm just curious how you girls handle stuff like this.

Thanks for any thoughts!   

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhippedwhen it's a piece that has been around a while or was very popular or that I'll be screaming if I don't get it because I love it that much, I just order a new one rather than worry about going back and forth with an exchange.

But if that's not an issue, I send it back and request an exchange.  It's certainly cheaper because the error was theirs, and you don't have to pay the return postage -- just use their label and it will not cost you anything.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @Sammycat1. I did go ahead and order the ring for a second time as I really do want it. I showed my husband the ring QVC sent me and it was even a little loose on his thumb! The ring is huge! Not even remotely close to the size 6 I ordered. Grrrrrrrrr!!!

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Hey @LuckyPeach@Sammycat1, and @gtx. Got a question for you all if you don't mind. I just got my ring that I posted about earlier in this thread. I ordered a size 6 and the ring I received is at least a size 9...maybe even 10. It's HUGE!  It's too big even on my thumb! When something like this happens to you, do you call customer service and tell them about it, or do you just send the item back and note the problem? I've already got another size six in my cart to order cause I really love this ring and want to make sure I get one. I'm just curious how you girls handle stuff like this.

Thanks for any thoughts!   

Pupwhipped, that's a real pain and has happened to me.  I see that you already ordered another ring to replace.  If the ring is sold out in the size I want, I'd consider having it sized by my jeweler (if it is a style where the stones won't pop out with sizing) and calling the Q for a partial credit due to their error.  Please let us know how it works out for you.  Take care~Peach