Honored Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka March TSV and Anniversary

@sunshine45 I am at least going to watch and see it live.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

If it had some more metalwork or stones on or near the shank, and therefore closer to the couture Olivia, it would be nicer, perhaps a little more feminine.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 I agree.  The facebook ladies are 50 - 50 on the tsv......maybe 60 - 40 as not interested right now....it will be interesting to see it live.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

@MickD, you answered my question!  I was wondering what the Facebook crew thought.  I've been a JR collector since before the Q and this stuns me. The marketing had to have driven this ring, rather than have a special design created for a special anniversary. It looks like the junior apprentice to the apprentice did this at the last minute.

It is simply not worthy of Judith or her stellar career. They could have created a special piece that wss affordable for many that also harkened to her one of a kind aesthetic.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 exactly!  I think this tsv is the new "hook" to get the new and the young and the curious interested in JR. That's fine .....I was that way once too.....uhm 15 years ago!....but the quality was impeccable then.  So, that is what they're going to have to figure out......does this work or not?  Exactly what you and @newjerseygirl were discussing earlier...there is no $ middle....inexpensive and pricey options only.

Esteemed Contributor

@MickD,  I think you're spot on with everything you wrote.  Given the large buy more, save more discount, I can hear the sales pitches now... "get one for you and mom because Mother's Day is right around the corner" or "get one for you and sis" or "get one for you and your BFF."

Oh well.  I'm still holding out for a new special piece or something I've coveted going on a sale price. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 Bahahaha...you're too funny....buy one for the dog too!  I do like the overstock of her stuff and have bought many an item on clearance over the past couple of years!  Have a good night my friend!

Esteemed Contributor

@MickD, goodnight my friend and lrt us dream of a Ripka miracle for Thursday!

Honored Contributor

Clearly I'm in the minority, but I like it.  I think it is very flattering on the hand of the model in the picture.  

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon, I'm not saying it's not a pretty ring.  It is. 

It's just not anything special, like so many expected for a TSV on her 20th anniversary.  This looks like so many similarly styled pave (or invisible set) rings all over the place with a little bit of Ripka touches (hearts) at the corners.  It's like any other ring that could be introduced when she happens to have some shows.

I'd hoped for a more creative, "wow" design for her big anniversary.  That's the kind of work we're accustomed to from her.