J 389231 Judith Rinka Sterling double cushion earrings pierced

I waited for these onyx earring to become available as they were just what I wanted for “ go to” earrings. The springson the omega back just kills my ear lobes. No other of Judith’s earrings have done this before. Since these earrings are not consistently available, I wonder if they are defective? I hate to pay the return fee. If anyone has had better luck with these I would like to know. Thank you, Gigi
Honored Contributor

Re: J 389231 Judith Rinka Sterling double cushion earrings pierced

Take them to your jeweler and have them adjusted.  They are not defective.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@girlonthego-

I tried one of her earrings once and they hurt so much. I did send them back.

I don't know if this is all omega backs but I am pretty sure not as I have a pair that doesn't hurt like hers.

I guess if you loved them enough you could take them to a jeweler to adjust or maybe put on a different backing.  But that is additional money that you might not want to pay!Smiley Sad

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

They just need a simple adjustment - if you don't want to do it yourself, take it to a jeweler and chances are they will be pleased to do it for you with little or no charge.  It's a customer goodwill kind of thing, but no, not defective.

I only wear clips and have many Judith Ripka ones; some are "just right" and some need a bit of adjusting so they aren't so tight but still stay on well.