Respected Contributor

Horrible CS experience re: J363936 Band Ring

First, neither Judith nor Rick ever said to size up on this ring, in fact, Rick said it was nicely tapered in the back. I wear between a 5 and a 6, so I ordered a Size 6. I can't get it past the big knuckle! I'm not sure that a 7 would even fit. I called CS to discuss and was told to go to my local jeweler!  WHAT?! How about "we'll send you both a 7 and an 8 and you send us back the one that doesn't fit along with the original Size 6." I have been a huge QVC customer since 1986, I expected a better response than the insulting "go to your local jeweler" one. I'm calling Corporate on Monday. The ring is now $30 more than I paid during the Ripka Live Show. Finally, when I watched the video again right now, I see that the ring is sitting right on top of Judith's knuckle---she couldn't get her regular size on either!  C'mon, QVC, you have got to do better by your customers! I'm furious!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Horrible CS experience re: J363936 Band Ring

For $30 ring doubt it's real solid gold and if not.....no jeweler will touch it....and it appears that what you received is too small so a piece has to be inserted in the band to make it fit properly. That's a very expensive procedure. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

CS should not be suggesting a trip to the local jeweler. That's just not appropriate. That said, the odds are slim to none that they're going to send you out multiple rings at no cost for you to return the two that don't fit. It would be nice, but it's never going to happen and personally, I'm not sure that them not agreeing to do so constitutes a horrible customer service experience. Looking at the ring, it's pretty clearly a bulky piece, so that even tapered in the back I'd guess sizing up would be a necessity.  I do think they should match the original price for a replacement in whatever size you decide you want to try next.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

If you could find a silversmiths to size the ring, difficult it in many parts of the country, it would cost upward of $40. to have it sized.  The CS reps response to you was ignorant and inadequate.  Send your experience with your order# to qvcsocialteam@qvc.com.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

For $30 ring doubt it's real solid gold and if not.....no jeweler will touch it....and it appears that what you received is too small so a piece has to be inserted in the band to make it fit properly. That's a very expensive procedure. 

@fthunt...  No, the ring is not $30, the price difference between now and the time the ring was initially ordered is $30 more... That said, the ring is silver or gold clad silver so I'd agree that if the clad version is what was ordered, a local jeweler is probably not going to want to mess with it... We all have different tastes, but to me, the current price of $150 and another 5.00 to ship this ring is too high for silver (clad or not) and faux diamonds... Personally, I'd send it back and not reorder...

Judith Ripka Sterling Silver or 14K Gold Clad Bold Band Diamonique Ring - J363936

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The Q doesn't have a process where they send several sizes at no charge and you send back what doesn't work.  The process is send your ring back for an exchange.  The suggestion from customer service is a bit out there.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

CS should not be suggesting a trip to the local jeweler. That's just not appropriate. That said, the odds are slim to none that they're going to send you out mulitiple rings at no cost for you to return the two that don't fit. It would be nice, but it's never going to happen and personally, I'm not sure that them not agreeing to do so constitutes a horrible customer service experience. Looking at the ring, it's pretty clearly a bulky piece, so that even tapered in the back I'd guess sizing up would be a necessity.  I do think they should match the original price for a replacement in whatever size you decide you want to try next.

If you read my post, then you'd see that I did not ask them to send me two more rings without charge. I suggested they could have come up with many more options, including sending me out the next two sizes---and not just tell me to go to my local jeweler. CS has plenty of leeway to address customer concerns and they do have your account up and they can see what you spend at the Q and they should not risk losing such long standing, high volume customers.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Trusted Contributor

QVC offers free exchanges for sizes.  There is one 5 star review on it, and they some how thought to size up.  And to be honest, I highly doubt the first answer from CS was to go to a local jeweler.  Also, all the sizes are still available, so don't sweat the small stuff.