Valued Contributor

Gold cladding on London & and chrono watches?

I was wondering if the gold color was the same on both of theseo watches. The London watch on air looked to be a different shade of gold. Is it? Can someone compare these for me...pretty please!

Valued Contributor

Re: Gold cladding on London & and chrono watches?

Anyone? Someone must have both. Pretty please...with Diamonique on top!

Honored Contributor

@Blondelle - I believe they are the same .....the difference is in the shading because of the different textures of the bands....HTH!image.jpeg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Blondelle - let me try to post another.....dark here in SoCal today........haha...over my kitchen sink!image.jpeg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

Thank you both SO much!!! So lovely of you to post the photos. My gold chrono looks so brassy to me like it has a touch of copper color. Outdoors it looks less so. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that or just a bad run. Not the softer gold shade in the photo here. That's why I was curious about the London watch. I don't mind different shades of silver as I like all shades from bright to oxidized together. No so with gold unless they have different finishes like matte and shiny. Hers seem to vary in color.  Outside her gold looks so yellow to me. I'm a silver gal and I guess not used to wearing gold. Are there any brassy tones in the London watch gold? Do you find them different enough to keep both? That chrono is so darn heavy, but I guess better quality because of the Swiss movement.

I resisted venturing into the clad until they had a piece only available in clad on a great sale. Saved some but then spent $$$ on pieces to match it...lol! I prefer the silver but some of it is too gray and looks like lead. Wish her silver color was a bit brighter and livelier as I find that to be more flattering to wear.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Blondelle - You are quite welcome!  I have the chrono and the London in SS too.....I think it all comes down to the texturing like I said. I don't think the gold is brassy....it has a slight green undertone like18k.....maybe you did get a dud.  My husband looked at the gold as well and thought that they were of the same color.....he has better eyes than me!