Frequent Contributor

I haven't been here on the forum in several years.  Looks like everyone is gone from the "old" days of chatting about our Judith Ripka jewelry.  I must say that my tastes have changed over the years...as I suspect I am no alone.  But I still love my Ripka pieces and remember with fondness watching the shows together and chatting it up with my fellow Ripkanistas on this forum.  Hope you are all doing well and still loving wearing your beautiful baubbles.  

Honored Contributor

@Shoppergal wrote:

I haven't been here on the forum in several years.  Looks like everyone is gone from the "old" days of chatting about our Judith Ripka jewelry.  I must say that my tastes have changed over the years...as I suspect I am no alone.  But I still love my Ripka pieces and remember with fondness watching the shows together and chatting it up with my fellow Ripkanistas on this forum.  Hope you are all doing well and still loving wearing your beautiful baubbles.  

@Shoppergal I have been here since the 1990's. . . but I only have a couple of Ripka pieces.  So good to hear you are still enjoying your jewelry.  

Valued Contributor

@Shoppergal, I just this week pulled out some of my Judith Ripka jewelry.  I remember the fun discussing it all when she was on the air. I still love my pieces and wore some of it here at home.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your response. While I may not wear as many of my JR pieces....I do appreciate every one of them.  And I can remember purchasing most of them and the excitement that went along with my purchases.  The JR forum was a wonderful place for me in a time in my life when I was going through a very tough time.  The women there provided me love, entertainment, support, knowledge, and just plain fun.  And while I was struggling, I felt a true connection to all of them.  Life has done a complete 180 for me and I am sure that is why I have been absent for so long and lost track of those lovely ladies.  I hope all of them look at their JR jewelry with fondness and remember the times and excitement when they purchased their pieces.  But mostly....I sincerely hope they are all healthy and happy. 😊

Honored Contributor

@Shoppergal,

Hi and nice to see you!

I was there too and remember how exciting it was to talk about it all especially before the TSV's. It really was a special time. 

And I'm sure so much life and I know loss has gone on since then as life does. Thank you for sharing those great memories.

I still have my Ripka pieces too, though I don't wear much nowadays mainly because I'm not going many places,

I still love looking at them and wearing them when I can.

Remember how we used to put them on the bed and see what we had during the shows too? And Judith would call out to certain posters?That was so neat. And the "Green Goddess"😊

That was all a much needed company and uplift for me too at difficult times.

Thanks again and I hope you can feel some of the same spirit at times when you post. There are still many nice posters here.😊

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Everyone gone?

[ Edited ]

Sadly since the pandemic started I seldom go out to lunch with friends. I haven't been out to dinner since then.

My life now consists of walking the dog and getting groceries. My Judith Ripken jewelry box with all the many necklaces, rings, earrings sits waiting! 
   That's true with my other gold jewelry also. I just occasionally wear some. 
           💍 💎 📿 ❣️

Valued Contributor

There are still quite a few that love especially the old Ripka jewelry and collect it, including myself.  It is classic and it always looks nice and many pieces are quite wearable on a day to day basis.  I always have a bracelet or two on.

Most have migrated to Facebook pages where they chat about their finds and collections and some sell pieces they no longer wear.

Valued Contributor

I notice that several people have said, in effect, I don't go out much these days so I don't wear jewelry the way I used to.

Au contrair! If you love your jewelry (and I know I do! ) wear it anyway! If you enjoy it and it gives you a lift, for heaven's sake wear it! Especially pearls--the more you wear them, the better they look.

Enjoy your jewelry, ladies!