Super Contributor

why is shipping & handling high at

Shophq?  I noticed this about them.  Their s/h is over the top here.  For instance,

on a mark down stack ring 185-596 priced at 26.49 the s/h is 9.99. 

Is this a way of jacking up the price of the ring?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: why is shipping & handling high at

@bigLou I just rarely shop if I have to pay shipping and handling.  The stores I do frequent have free S&H and competitive prices on the item.   With the prices/inflation we are experiencing, I'm fierce about comparison shopping and purchasing less nonessential items, i.e., jewelry.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a thought why not ask Shophq?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

they ask what the market will bear, 

shipping is more than it used to be,  I sell on a resell site and priority is 9 and goes up

people buy if they want the item 

Honored Contributor

@bigLou wrote:

Shophq?  I noticed this about them.  Their s/h is over the top here.  For instance,

on a mark down stack ring 185-596 priced at 26.49 the s/h is 9.99. 

Is this a way of jacking up the price of the ring?

they might not get as big a discount from the shippers as other companies can so there's that 

Super Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Just a thought why not ask Shophq?

Thank you for your suggestion.  I just did it and asked why their s/h is based on the individual item and not a blanket s/h fee.  I'll wait for their reply.

Contributor

I did ask and the answer was--I will pass it on to the appropriate person--they just don't care and there are enough stupid people who will pay it

Contributor

Yes, I noticed that their shipping was ridiculously high, too. I don't shop there much lately and the shipping costs are one of the reasons. I just won;t even consider an item if it costs $12.99 to ship, which many of theirs do.

Having said that, posyage costs have gone up recently and are going up again in the New Year, also the 'handling' fee is probably making up for the lack of good help in low paying jobs such as shipping clerk.

Honored Contributor

They probably don't ship out enough items to get discounted shipping rates like the Q or Hsn does. Remember, too, that the S&H includes insurance.

Honored Contributor

Yes.  It's always been very high.  As long as I remember it.  Even back when they were ShopNBC. But I like to get gold there.  They have a wide variety of gold which I like.  Some nice pieces.  The only time I shop there is because of the gold.  Otherwise I ignore the network.