Respected Contributor

Re: who at Qvc is in charge of jewelry buying?

Jewelry is definitely not their strong suit. There was a day when I would occasionally buy a piece from here, that has been many years now... hmmm, I am actually wondering what their strong suit is these days...🤔. Have a good one ladies!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP  I've bought some lee Sands pieces from E bay and I communicated for a while with one of the sellers. She told me he retired and sold out all his stock cheap. She bought quite a lot and stared to sell the pieces she didn't want for herself on e bay. She had previously been a sales rep for his company, way back to the days before he came to the Q.

Honored Contributor

It wouldn’t surprise me that after jewelry shows, there’s a meeting to discuss how much was ordered. If the numbers are down, it’s back to My Pillow and IT Cosmetics.

Valued Contributor

What I notice about Shop LC  is the exaggerated retail  prices, in fact  there was  and maybe still is a lawsuit to that fact. For instance they will double the retail price and in some cases triple the retail price, then go down to in my opinion what the price should actually be. Never order ordered from shop LC, so I don't know the quality.

While the hosts do give the gram weight, and show the jewelry 360 degrees, to me is a plus. I have no interest in their jewelry.But I know high end jewelry prices,( I love to look in magazines, read articles, as a jewelry Diva, I know my jewelry) and in some cases they exceed even the high end retail jewelry prices. 

While I no longer order from QVC,(to many shipping issues,even with express shipping)   I like the JAI jewelry line. Occasionally I order from HSN, I like King Baby jewelry line. Lagos, JH, Effy all on sale of course.

Most of the shopping channel, same old thing. Most of what they are showing, I  have similar styles already,, and unless .

Trusted Contributor

@151949 - thanks for the info about Lee Sands jewelry on Ebay...I'll have to check it out! 

Occasional Contributor

I'd like to see a healthy choice of classic believable styles.  Trendy things are fine when they're inexpensive, but I always go back to the classic.  Three carat diamonique?  Not believable.  Half carat to one carat, believable.  Susan raver always says; "crazy kooky," that's how I feel about a lot of QVC's jewelry anymore.  Sigh.