Occasional Contributor

who at Qvc is in charge of jewelry buying?

For Many years I purchased really nice jewelry at QVC, but today,   I see nothing special in their designs, offerings. Too. bad.

Same with clothing for the most part. Jeans are still good, though.

Honored Contributor

Re: who at Qvc is in charge of jewelry buying?

I sure have saved a lot of money on jewelry since their selection has waned so much. 

Respected Contributor

In the past they would announce buyers names, Peyton Kelly for gemstones, David Markstein for gold.

Now no names or much info given. 

QVC used to pride itself on no simulated colored stones, no more. Now they sell created sapphire.

Quality lines gone: Ora Paz, Eterna gold, 18 karat- all gone.

Respected Contributor

@Pamela39  I hear you.  I don't buy as much jewelry from QVC or HSN as I used to, but part of that is because, after 25 years of buying, I already have enough to open my own jewelry store.  If you're interested in genuine gemstones at relatively inexpensive prices, you should try ShopLC.  I hate to admit how much I've purchased from them in the last few years......many gemstones I never thought I would ever own.  In particular, I've gotten many spectacular bracelets at very affordable prices.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm also a Shop LC fan.  Black spinel is black spinel, its hard to mess it up.  I've got a bunch of this from LC, also chrome diopside.  I still like Victoria Weick and the The Three Amigos.  Shhh. . . LC makes jewelry for some of the shopping channel lines.  Start checking the inside of the rings if this interests you. I did buy two rings from QVC recently, both at clearance prices.  I guess that's what it takes for my QVC purchases.

Super Contributor

The only jewelry shows I watch now are Or Paz.

Honored Contributor

@IMW  I'm no longer buying anyone's jewelry but I do watch occasionally -  I know I saw Danny from Ora Paz recently and just this morning both the gem buyer and the DMQ buyer were identified by name.  But after so many years of watching and buying, I no longer pay all that much attention, so I can't trigger your memory with their names.

That's not just for jewelry buyers either.  I think the last host names I learned are Gabrielle's and Shawn's.  There's just not enough differences among the newer hosts to make me bother -  even when I like their voices!

Valued Contributor

I miss Peyton Kelly. And I never read how/why he was just suddenly gone. Everyone loved Peyton on these boards. He was such a gentleman. Another mistake by the Q.

Trusted Contributor

I miss Peyton Kelly too.  His presentations were always low-key, but not at all boring.  He explained items so well and knew his "stuff". 

I also miss Lee Sands...I have a few of his pieces and enjoy them.  He was interesting to listen to also and his items were reasonably priced.  I think he left because he retired, but not sure if Peyton's leaving was his choice or the Q's. 

I do agree that QVC's jewelry offerings are not what they used to be.  I have jewelry I bought 10, 20 years ago that was so beautiful and priced quite reasonably.  Now I'm barely ever tempted to even watch a jewelry show!

Honored Contributor

Whomever is buying Q's jewelry needs a kick in the rear.  Their jewelry inventory is horrible, particularly gold jewelry.