Honored Contributor

Re: what is your favorite kind of backing on earrings?

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Snap bars are my favorite. They are comfortable and secure. Post and clutch are my least favorite, I fumble trying to get them in and then I lose them .

@QVCkitty1   My post & clutch earrings are on standby until masks are no longer needed. The elastic gets caught on the backing and I've lost several pair. I'm now wearing inexpensive studs or snap bar closures.

Esteemed Contributor

I love earrings and wear all kinds of backs.  My favorites though are the leverbacks for comfort and security.

Honored Contributor

Most my earrings have the butterfly clutches, a few are lever backs more are on hooks.  bought some really large clutch backs from JTV that fit most my stuff and are easy to handle and keep the front of the earring standing straight ahead so they don't droop----would like to try omega backs---

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten 

The laser earlobe repair cost me $200 per treatment and I needed two treatments. That was over 20 years ago. Cost varies depending on what part of the country it's done.

The laser basically burns the surface skin on the lobes, then they scab over for a couple of weeks and then I had to get my ears re-pierced.

Thank you for being so polite about my nosey question.

Do you ever watch Dr. Pimple Popper? I've seen her do this and if it cost $200 per treatment 20 years ago, I can only imagine what it would cost now.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Actually the cost of laser treatments, of all sorts, has not changed significantly over time. Lasers have gotten better in recent times and even though cost for treatments has gone up some, it has not gone up as much as people think. The last time I went to my derm, about 2y ago, I asked about laser resurfacing prices and the derm quoted me a price of $250 per treatment and offered to drop that price if I wanted to do multiples....a package deal price in other words.

Trusted Contributor

I pretty much wear only leverbacks or hoops with a snap closure. The straight bar on the hoops is easier to get into my right ear that was pierced at a slight angle. I have lost several earrings that were shepherdhook style...just no way to really secure them. My faves from Q are Diamonique round leverbacks in sterling in several different carat weights. I probably have 6 pair of those and also a pair of Diamonique snap mini hoops I bought years ago. These were all purchased when the quality was still excellent.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I wear quite a few shepherd's hook earrings and never lose them by using these little plastic backs from Hobby Lobby.

Some backs can be SO hard, you can damage the earring.  These are made from very soft material and aren't a pain to slide on.  They're well worth the SH if you don't have a Hobby Lobby.

(Right now on sale less than $5.00.).

If you have a store, the pack is a bright blue piece of cardboard with a stapled plastic bag.

The Jewelry Shoppe (their own brand)  Ear ring nuggets

Ear Nuts Value Pack

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Snap bars are my favorite. They are comfortable and secure. Post and clutch are my least favorite, I fumble trying to get them in and then I lose them .

I like the clicker backs, may same as you are talking about.  Chuck Clemency called his clicker backs.  I also like the over size backs for posts.  Jtv has those.

Respected Contributor

I used to only wear post earrings that didn’t dangle. I am losing the ability to use my fingers and after letting my husband try to out a back on one pair once, I’ve had to switch to shepherd hooks. I’m getting used to them but miss my button earrings!
Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

Definitely lever backs. Any knid of post earring leaves me with mild anxiety that I will lose one.