Honored Contributor

Re: what is your favorite kind of backing on earrings?

Snap bars are my favorite. They are comfortable and secure. Post and clutch are my least favorite, I fumble trying to get them in and then I lose them .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten 

The laser earlobe repair cost me $200 per treatment and I needed two treatments. That was over 20 years ago. Cost varies depending on what part of the country it's done.

The laser basically burns the surface skin on the lobes, then they scab over for a couple of weeks and then I had to get my ears re-pierced.

Honored Contributor

I buy bags of 100 silver-plated lever backs and change all my shepherds' hooks before I wear them for the first time  I change change out a pair in less than 30 sec.  I won't even buy post and clutch earrings.  Lever backs are so secure that I've never lost one. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I prefer post and clutch backings.  I do have many earrings with sheppard's hook backings.  I tend to save the plastic ring that comes with the packaging and slip it on the hook like a clutch for extra security. 

Respected Contributor

I prefer a tiny little huggie hoop, like this:

Mini Wide Huggie Hoop Earrings in 14k Rose Gold (1/2")

Frequent Contributor

You need to try the Charles Winston earring backs. They are made for larger earrings that tend to droop. They also work for women with damage like you describe. One of the JTV hosts calls them Spanx for your ear lobes. I have a few pairs and I love them. It really makes a difference in how your earrings look. They are on JTV.

I like leverback earrings. I don't have to worry about losing them.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  Omega backs are my favorite. However, I have six holes in my ears. Three in each one. So I wear a lot of clutch backs. Never was crazy about them. Too much fussing and I never sleep in any earrings at all. I take them all out at night before my shower. I take off necklaces too.

My main hole/piercing is always a hoop. I like the double click closure. Feels secure to me to hear the clicks.

Honored Contributor

I think the earrings that are all one piece are the easiest.  However, I probably have more earrings that have separate backs to them.  I like those hoops that have the little bar that clicks but often times for me the bars are very hard to either click in or unclick!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I wear leverbacks. I've even purchased post earrings and had them changed to leverbacks. They are comfortable and I don't have to worry about posts poking me in the head or dragging my ear while on the phone.

Esteemed Contributor

No real favorite backings. But I do have favorite earrings that I wear all the time....post & clutch, levers, omegas, snap bar, and once in a while the shepherd's hook.

If the shepherd's, then I always put a grippy back to them.