Honored Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Hi honeybuns!

I agree with you 100%!  You are paying for her Name. 

When Judith first started with QVC, her prices were reasonable.  I purchased a few of her items way back then.

I will not purchase any thing else from her line.  The last bracelet that I purchased about 2 years ago was so light...It did not even resemble the sterling silver that I purchased from her in the past.  I sent it back to QVC.

And she uses Diamonique on alot of her items...Costume Jewelry.  

I will tell you HSN's..."Nicky Butler's Line" is outstanding! When you purchase a piece of his Jewelry, you can feel the weight of the silver.  And he uses all REAL GEMSTONES in ALL of his pieces.  His prices are very reasonable for what you are getting, REAL Jewelry.

I would never cite Nicky Butler's jewelry as an example of good quality and design.  Many of his gemstones are so poor, you can see inclusions in them with the naked eye on TV.  These are supposed to be the "good examples".

His "designs" are nothing more than geometric shapes assembled everywhich way.  A first grader could do that.  There's no design aesthetic involved.

He is one of my least favorite TV jewelry hawlkers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

This complaint is issued every time she presents.  Don't think she's going to change her pricing.

@pommom  Vendors don't set the prices; QVC does.  Now that she's sold her company, the Q is dealing with another entity, not Judith.  She's just a "talking head".  Heaven only knows who designs the stuff but I doubt if it's Judith or her "team".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Hi honeybuns!

I agree with you 100%!  You are paying for her Name. 

When Judith first started with QVC, her prices were reasonable.  I purchased a few of her items way back then.

I will not purchase any thing else from her line.  The last bracelet that I purchased about 2 years ago was so light...It did not even resemble the sterling silver that I purchased from her in the past.  I sent it back to QVC.

And she uses Diamonique on alot of her items...Costume Jewelry.  

I will tell you HSN's..."Nicky Butler's Line" is outstanding! When you purchase a piece of his Jewelry, you can feel the weight of the silver.  And he uses all REAL GEMSTONES in ALL of his pieces.  His prices are very reasonable for what you are getting, REAL Jewelry.

I would never cite Nicky Butler's jewelry as an example of good quality and design.  Many of his gemstones are so poor, you can see inclusions in them with the naked eye on TV.  These are supposed to be the "good examples".

His "designs" are nothing more than geometric shapes assembled everywhich way.  A first grader could do that.  There's no design aesthetic involved.

He is one of my least favorite TV jewelry hawlkers.

@Kachina624 AMEN TO THAT!!!

Honored Contributor

The popcorn chain made me not consider the TSV, even before looking at the inflated price of the necklace.  Typically, when I see popcorn chains, they are mystery metal or stainless steel jewelry -- very inexpensive (like $5 to $15) and found everywhere.   This sterling silver chain did nothing to take that perception out of my mind.  I know it's just my perception of it, but to me popcorn chains immediately look dollar store.  That's just me.

I have two tassel necklaces I purchased over the summer, when the height of the trend peaked.  This TSV is late to the party, and asked far too much money for sterling and diamonique.  I'd be interested to know if it was deemed a "successul" TSV.