Respected Contributor

Wow JR jewelry is nothing more than VERY expensive costume jewelry.  Sterling just does not cost that much.  Go to TJMaxx and see.  I suppose you really are paying for her name.  Sorry IMO this necklace today looks cheap and seriously I have seen similar ones   

for $15-30.  I feel sorry for those who get roped in.

Super Contributor

Agree. Never cared for JR designs. Too ornate, too many stones. Not for my lifestyle. And yes, as with any designer, you are paying for the name.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm really glad I bought many of her pieces years ago, when she first joined QVC. The current prices seem loony to me and I won't buy them at these prices.

Honored Contributor

I don't shop in stores much anymore (trouble walking) but my friend I eat with does.  She shows me some beautiful silver and 10K gold jewelry from Kohls that is the price of costume jewelry.  Just saying.

Esteemed Contributor

I had the same thoughts as prior posters. Way too expensive for that item!!   That tassel style is everywhere...every "designer" has one on the market!! 

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

I had the same thoughts as prior posters. Way too expensive for that item!!   That tassel style is everywhere...every "designer" has one on the market!! 

Yes, but it's not fashioned after her "couture designs" dahling.  And it doesn't have the "JR" log on it.  LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

I just checked ... the price of silver today is $19.32 per ounce!

Honored Contributor

I bought a silver tassel necklace last fall, and they were everywhere. It's too expensive and not at all new. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor
I also am glad that I have many of her pieces from her early years. The last couple pieces that I did purchase were returned because the quality, for the price, just was not present. In addition, my lifestyle no longer has a need or desire for this type jewelry, especially necklaces.
Honored Contributor

I think the tassel necklace today is lovely.  But about $200 more than it should cost, IMHO!!!  I have that style in costume jewelry.  For me, one of that style is adequate for my needs.