Valued Contributor

I was at the Q outlet last week and they had a really pretty diamonique one that I tried on, and it was so uncomfortable on my short stubby fingers that I couldn't get it off quickly enough. I thought, ok, they have one that will fit my middle finger, and no, it wasn't going to work on me at all. It hit all the wrong parts of the finger and felt awkward and I couldn't bend my finger properly.

Super Contributor

I got the Rarities today in yellow, and it fits great ! I got the size 7 to put on my pointer finger,cause other fingers have rings ! Just so nice I don't have real long fingers ,small ring finger is a 5. Very clean look,love it!

Super Contributor
On 3/25/2015 Pagan said: My advice would be: don't overspend. Even jewelers don't expect this trend to last long. The celebs, who created and popularized the look on the red carpets last fall, are moving on now....

So true, another trend. The "climber" earrings will not be long for this world either. Anyone remember "threader earrings" that QVC sold all the time?

I have to wear ring guards on my rings (ring snuggies) so those open rings wouldn't work for me.

I have to laugh (sorry OT) but those fringe purses that are in style again, I owned so many of them back in the 70's. I wish I had kept them. It's so funny how trends come back again in updated forms.

Occasional Contributor

Debbie555 - So glad you like the rarities x ring. I almost ordered it in the blue - looks like I may have missed a great deal ... What color did you get?

Lanikins: I love the Or Paz jewelry and did look at that X ring with the rose - good to know that you love it. It would wear it on my middle finger also. Love the gold one you showed, it so different and substantial. Did you get it here at QVC?

Thank for all the suggestion and advice -

Respected Contributor
On 3/25/2015 ShellBell said:

I have this ring in silver and I absolutely LOVE it! I wear it on my right hand index finger and I think it looks wonderful! I've gotten lots of compliments on it too.

I have the same ring in silver and wear it on my middle finger. It always get compliments and I find it to be super comfortable.

Honored Contributor

With the rare exception, these rings don't do anything for me, nor do the over the knuckle rings nor do rings designed to be worn over multiple fingers... For the most part, I'll stick with rings of a more traditional design. Fashion always involves trends, but never having been a big fan of either trends or of fashion jewelry, I can see owning one or two of these rings, but certainly wouldn't want a collection of them. Even if they're 'fine' jewelry, I don't see them being popular over the longer term. The ones I've tried on weren't necessarily uncomfortable but would definitely be an acquired taste, as I did find them a bit awkward.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor
Rena415- I got the champagne. I like the x design look but never thought it was for me due to my small fingers. This one is comfortable and does fit and I'll be wearing it regardless of the trends, I highly doubt I would buy another ring in this style unless it's really, really special.
Trusted Contributor
On 3/25/2015 Debbie555 said: Well I just received my rarities diamond x ring and I LOVE it. I was positive it was going to go back because I as I said I have short fingers. It feels comfortable so far and definitely not too wide. i bought it to fit my middle finger but I tried it on my ring finger and it even would have fit there width wise. Beautiful piece. So I think it definitely depends on the individual piece.

I just received mine yesterday also (already have one in blue diamonds that i got last time it was a TS). This time I got champagne, and although I would have preferred a darker champagne color (stones aren't as dark as depicted in the presentation or on website), it is still a beautiful ring! Love both of mine! I have never found them to be uncomfortable; in fact I forget I have them on.

Respected Contributor
Not my style
Valued Contributor

I certainly would pay much more than $30 for one. They are too fad-trendy to the point of ""everybody has one"".