Valued Contributor
I am passing On the tsv, I buy jewerly like handbags., they must talk to me and this does not do any thing for me.
Valued Contributor
But I forgot to say I loveJR and I have bought many of her things! Had the lady who is saying the braclet is worth next to nothing Why Are You Here!?
Respected Contributor
On 12/11/2014 number one queen said: But I forgot to say I loveJR and I have bought many of her things! Had the lady who is saying the braclet is worth next to nothing Why Are You Here!?

It's her opinion. If you don't want to see people's opinions, why are YOU here?

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I will never understand why people come to the JUDITH RIPKA FORUM to post that they don't like her things. I would never go to the Wen or Dooney forums to state that I didn't like their products. Doesn't make sense.

Respected Contributor
On 12/11/2014 cairnlover said:

I will never understand why people come to the JUDITH RIPKA FORUM to post that they don't like her things. I would never go to the Wen or Dooney forums to state that I didn't like their products. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe because it's a FORUM. As in opinions of all kinds. I'll never get why a strangers opinions matter! There are hundreds of opinions on here all the time.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the comments that the Diamonique is relatively worthless. It isn't worthless you know, and the cost of cutting the diamonique is VERY expensive. It takes a professional diamond cutter who can actually facet a diamond to facet a CZ, any CZ. That alone is an expensive proposition and these 118 facet cuts are horrendously difficult. If that were not enough, the carving into the sides of the silver is exquisite. Now, I realize JR items are expensive and you have to totally be in love with what you purchase, but please do some research regarding the costs of materials and workmanship before you render something "worthless". Everyone has their opinion about things, and that makes the world an interesting place, and this item may not be your cup of tea, but it is to a lot of ladies here.....

Oh, also did you know that Judith Ripka's name is engraved on the top of the table of the diamonique? I think that's amazing...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor
On 12/11/2014 Q4U said:

I don't understand the comments that the Diamonique is relatively worthless. It isn't worthless you know, and the cost of cutting the diamonique is VERY expensive. It takes a professional diamond cutter who can actually facet a diamond to facet a CZ, any CZ. That alone is an expensive proposition and these 118 facet cuts are horrendously difficult. If that were not enough, the carving into the sides of the silver is exquisite. Now, I realize JR items are expensive and you have to totally be in love with what you purchase, but please do some research regarding the costs of materials and workmanship before you render something "worthless". Everyone has their opinion about things, and that makes the world an interesting place, and this item may not be your cup of tea, but it is to a lot of ladies here.....

Oh, also did you know that Judith Ripka's name is engraved on the top of the table of the diamonique? I think that's amazing...

I see you've bought the Q hype....Diamonique is glass. Period. No, it's not very expensive to cut the glass. Q doesn't pay for anything not figured into their profit margin. They get a great cost from the volume they order. While some items are pretty and I have some diamonique pieces, I know they are glass.

Honored Contributor
On 12/11/2014 elated said:
On 12/11/2014 Q4U said:

The only thing that is amazing that her junque jewelry is way overpriced for what you get. Who cares if her name is engraved on top of this worthless jewelry. Rick was going on and on at midnight that this bracelet was gold--- he failed to say it was gold clad. What is wrong with him. I am sure many people bought into the selling point that one bracelet was gold!!!!! This bracelet is imported, so the cost is substantially lower than if it were made in the US with good craftsmanship. Too many people drinking from the JR fountain of dumb!!!

Wow.... there's a lot of bile emanating from your post. I can't imagine anyone being this unhappy. Hope things get better for you ... seriously.

Honored Contributor
On 12/11/2014 ellaphant said:
On 12/11/2014 Q4U said:

I see you've bought the Q hype....Diamonique is glass. Period. No, it's not very expensive to cut the glass. Q doesn't pay for anything not figured into their profit margin. They get a great cost from the volume they order. While some items are pretty and I have some diamonique pieces, I know they are glass.

Diamonique/CZs aren't diamonds, but they aren't glass either and I'd suggest you take a few minutes and research the stone, it's lab grown. Also research how it's faceted. And no, I don't buy into ANY kind of hype, but doing research regarding a lot of subjects is a particular hobby of mine. Smile Specific: Research the Technical properties of a Cubic, then compare them to that of glass.

<h2 style="font-weight: normal; margin: 1em 0px 0.25em; overflow: hidden; padding: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: #aaaaaa; font-family: 'Linux Libertine', Georgia, Times, serif; line-height: 1.3; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"> Technical aspects Cubic zirconia is crystallographically isometric, an important attribute of a would-be diamond simulant. During synthesis zirconium oxide would naturally form monoclinic crystals, its stable form under normal atmospheric conditions. A stabilizer is required for cubic crystals to form, and remain stable at ordinary temperatures; this may be typically either yttrium or calcium oxide, the amount of stabilizer used depending on the many recipes of individual manufacturers. Therefore the physical and optical properties of synthesized CZ vary, all values being ranges. It is a dense substance, with a specific gravity between 5.6 and 6.0 — at least 1.6 times that of diamond. Cubic zirconia is relatively hard, 8–8.5 on the Mohs scale— slightly harder than most semi-precious natural gems.[1] Its refractive index is high at 2.15–2.18 (compared to 2.42 for diamonds) and its luster is adamantine. Its dispersion is very high at 0.058–0.066, exceeding that of diamond (0.044). Cubic zirconia has no cleavage and exhibits a conchoidal fracture. </h2>

COMPOSITION OF GLASS: Composition and Properties of Glass. Most glass is a mixture of silica obtained from beds of fine sand or from pulverized sandstone; an alkali to lower the melting point, usually a form of soda or, for finer glass, potash; lime as a stabilizer; and cullet (waste glass) to assist in melting the mixture.

1. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2. I actually decided to do the research for you. You can see the difference!. Glass is primitive and so is the recipe. The structure of a CZ and the structure of glass is totally different. Please research further for yourself.
  3. Have a great evening.... Smile