Super Contributor

Re: qvc really rocked the boat - My treasures have arrived in record time!!

Haca - so glad you received a nice naja - that spiny sounds AWESOME!!

Cooking Lady - thanks for explaining that you're a 5 1/2 - now it makes sense - they really do such a great job at CP so I'm sure it'll be perfect!

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Valued Contributor

Argh! My size 6 hummingbird ring is too big for my ring finger as well! Yet it's too small for my middle finger. It's always the way, isn't it?!

I ordered a 7 too to be on the safe side and that's a much better fit for my middle finger although it's still a fraction large - but that might be ok with the heat of the summer when I'd be wearing it.

Don't know whether to keep the 7 for the middle finger or replace the 6 with a 5 for my ring finger and see if that fits. I think this ring is better suited to the ring finger because it has a vintage look.

Anyway, the upshot of all this is that the ring is running about half a size large.

Valued Contributor

One odd thing I forgot to say ...

the blue topaz stones in my two hummingbird rings are completely different colors. (The stone representing the center of the flower into which the hummingbird is dipping his beak.)

My size 7 has the usual sky blue topaz but my size 6 has a dark blue stone like an iolite or very deep London blue type topaz. Sapphire dark. Weird huh?

I like the light blue topaz because it's more sparkly and summery but the darker stone gives the ring a more vintage look. Also with the dark stone, you see the bird first rather the light blue stone.

I don't know what to do now! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2014 Pagan said:

Argh! My size 6 hummingbird ring is too big for my ring finger as well! Yet it's too small for my middle finger. It's always the way, isn't it?!

I ordered a 7 too to be on the safe side and that's a much better fit for my middle finger although it's still a fraction large - but that might be ok with the heat of the summer when I'd be wearing it.

Don't know whether to keep the 7 for the middle finger or replace the 6 with a 5 for my ring finger and see if that fits. I think this ring is better suited to the ring finger because it has a vintage look.

Anyway, the upshot of all this is that the ring is running about half a size large.

Does the ring feel an entire size too big? The reason I ask is what if you return the 6 for a 5 and it ends up too small, you will still be disappointed. It sure is a beautiful ring.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Yes, the 6 is definitely too big. If I shake my hand it turns round. I don't think even swollen summer fingers are going to fix that.

I can just get it on my middle finger but it's a fight to get it off again. I've done it four times now and it comes off seconds before I'm about to give up and head for the soap and water at the sink!

Super Contributor

I have a lot of rings, and I found this ring to be true to size - fit me perfectly - I always take a 6 for my ring finger, and that's what I got. It's very pretty and well-made, but too much brass for me - just wish the wings alone were brass.

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Pagan, what a conundrum {#emotions_dlg.confused1}. Not only is the size off, the colors of the blue topaz vary. The Q finally updated my order status and it appears my owl is out for delivery. One bright side when they use the US mail, I get deliveries on Saturday. I hope my picture jasper in the owl meets my expectations (nervously biting my nails).

Super Contributor

Well - my blue topaz is on the lighter side too - love mine - but when I get the cuff I will decide whether I'm keeping it --

I did get the Jody ring today and that is a size 6 - a much bigger ring and fits perfectly --it's a gorgeous- well made ring --beyond my expectations really --Pagan is right - even though I wear a size 5-1/2 ring - I can usually get by with either a 5 or 6 -- but this FC ring is running larger - at least mine does -- if I keep it- I'm sending it to Relios to take it down a 1/2 size - they charge very little and this ring is a collector's piece and will be worth it!

Honored Contributor

CL - this is going to sound crazy. If I sent my owl to Relios and asked for a different jaspe, do you think they would replace the stone? I'd pay.

Frequent Contributor

Interesting everyone else's FC ring is running large. I ordered my usual size 6 and it is too small.