Respected Contributor

Re: "I Love" Ring

[ Edited ]

@iTalia

I own many pieces of jai jewelry and they look much better in person.  QVC outlines the photos in black ink to make them more visible.  Unfortunately, you don't get a fair depiction of the item.  

Honored Contributor

I was starting to feel like a real witch because I too thought the ring was weird looking. There is something creepy about it to me.  I think the scentiment is lovely and I loved reading Scott's blog and hearing some of the presentations for this ring.  But the ring is a big no to me.    

Contributor

Thanks everyone who ruined my story about the ring. I am cancelling my order and never posting another story on here. If you don't like the ring you don't have to say anything.

Valued Contributor

Detta,if you like the ring buy it. You don't buy something cause others don't like. If it speaks to you, then that is your connection.Reading your first post the excitement and joy you felt when you saw the ring bought a smile to my face.Not everyone will see what you see. If the ring bring joy to your heart, don't cancel.

Honored Contributor

@Detta  Just because there are alot of us that don't like the look of the ring doesn't mean we don't think the sentiments behind it and your story isn't touching. If I liked the ring and it spoke to me I would buy it. If I get compliments on my jewelry choices fine, but I buy and wear jewelry for myself.

Honored Contributor

@Detta wrote:

Thanks everyone who ruined my story about the ring. I am cancelling my order and never posting another story on here. If you don't like the ring you don't have to say anything.

@Detta If I liked the ring I would certainly buy it and wear it proudly.  Come on now, how can anyone ruin your story?  It was so beautiful, and it was YOUR story.  Will you see anyone on this forum when you wear the ring?  What does it matter to you if others have differing opinions about the style of the ring itself? Never posting another story?  Do what suits you, but don't blame the posters on this one. Enjoy your memories, and do what makes you feel good.

Honored Contributor

@Detta wrote:

Detta, this comment HIGHLIGHTS why I INTENSELY disagree that OPINIONS NEED NEGATIVE ADJECTIVES to be expressed.

I CANNOT IMAGINE why you would permit the disparaging comment made by an anonymous poster to spoil something that you loved, and found meaningful.

I found YOUR ORIGINAL POST to be charming and delightful, and you were describing cherished feelings about my mother's sisters (I had FIVE moms!!!!) that I was remembering, as you were, when I first saw this ring.

Please re-think this post. Your LAST sentence is completely correct, but by caving to "mean girl" rhetoric, you give those who actually hoped to spoil your purchase MUCH too much power.

Reconsider, and decide what is IMPORTANT TO YOU. You have at the very least, ME to encourage you to buy a ring that will cause you to smile whenever you look at it on your finger. That's a lovely task for special jewelry to perform!!!

Honored Contributor

@Detta wrote:

You shouldn't let anyone else's opinions persuade you to not buy something that you loved. 

I've bought a lot of stuff that people have thought was hideous, a waste of money, someone with no taste would buy and on and on.  I don't care.  I only care that I like something, not what strangers think.     

Honored Contributor

Re: "I Love" Ring

[ Edited ]

My boys ordered this for me (grandma helped, lol) and when it arrived at her house, she called me to stop by so I could try it on. My eldest said it should be worn "on moms pointer finger because that's the one we always held on to" so she ordered it based on a ring one of my other boys snuck out.

It's a bit bizarre looking in the box. But when I put in on... the flashback to when each of my sons grabbed my finger while I nursed them after they were born hit me. Or when they were learning to walk.... or going to their first day of preschool.....

It looks just like they've grabbed my finger.

Let's just say I'm tearing as I type this, I cried when I read the story and placed it on to see if it fit and I hope I can hold it together when they give it to me on Mothers Day.

If there is a child (no matter their age now) that has touched your heart deeply, you can absolutely wear this... doesn't matter if you're a parent, an auntie, an uncle.... it doesn't matter except for the fact you LOVE them THAT much. : )

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Detta wrote:

Why would you let anyone here ruin your enthusiasm for this ring?  That's silly!!  I'm not a fan, but I have certainly ordered things that other people think are hideous.  Order what you love and is meaningful to you!!