Not applicable

Does anyone know why it would make a difference if Honora pearl nacre is thick. Sounds great. I mean I don't want a pearl with a thin nacre, now. Wondering how it makes a difference should you for example: bump one. Thick or thin coating would be damaged. Here is my question: when would a thick nacre make a difference for the pearl? Thanks to anyone who understands my question and can give some great advice.

Super Contributor

Maybe the thick nacre enables the dye to adhere better. lol

Information about nacre on the Pearl Paradise website.

Respected Contributor

I don't know, but I'm thinking it might be better for rings and bracelets which "take a beating" compared to a necklance. I've never bought a pearl ring or bracelet because I think they might be too fragile for the kind of wear I give these items.

Respected Contributor

Many of the pearls Honora sells are tissue nucleated freshwater pearls. This means they are all nacre. Ming pearls and Akoya's are bead nucleated, a mother of pearl bead inserted in the gonad and a layer of nacre is deposited onto the bead. These can be damaged or chip as they are just a layer.

Respected Contributor

Tahitian's have to be xrayed before leaving French Polynesia and must be at least .80m thick. I wear Tahitians as bracelets and they show no wear.