Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: nicky butler gone from HSN

I wondered how long he would be around after the merger.  I also wonder about the balinese jewelry guy Robert Manse.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Perhaps, Qurate is remaking HSN in QVCs image. I am heating up some popcorn to see what happens next

Honored Contributor

I think they're getting rid of some of the lesser selling vendors who are competing with or duplicating merchandise already being sold.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's funny @Kachina624  I was poking around HSN's site and spotted a 10K Michael Anthony rope ring just like the one I bought on Gold Rush Day (and returned).  Made in Peru too, just a different karat.  Too bad I can't warn the customers over there about that lousy ring.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I have to say I'm not often stunned anymore, but I am stunned by this news.

I have quite a few pieces of Nicky Butler's jewelry and they're beautifully made.  I haven't had any issues with the quality or the designs.

He was on just recently and there was no hint of him not returning.  But it reminds me of the many times that vendors on QVC were there one day and literally gone the next with no explanation.

I guess "the times, they are a changing".  And not necessarily in a good way.

(ETA:  I just went to HSN to have a look, but the two things I wanted are already gone.  I guess it's eBay after this.)

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama.   I wonder if Michael Anthony will go?  I never liked him.  He looks slippery.  In all the years I've seen him, I never bought anything.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I am so done with HSN.  They should change it to the Colleen Lopez Network.  It has become a swap meet.

Honored Contributor

They never give details.  Twenty years is long time but this is the new HSN, they are dropping some of the older designers and vendors so they can bring in new ones.  If they cut ties with Joy Mangano, no one is safe.  I think there was a time when his style of jewelry was different and unique but now every shopping channel sells jewelry like his.  The line probably didn't sell as well as it once did.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Bird mama.   I wonder if Michael Anthony will go?  I never liked him.  He looks slippery.  In all the years I've seen him, I never bought anything.

I don't think he'll be around for very long. I never bought anything from his line either, in 30 pls years I was never even tempted to buy something.  HSN fell off my radar in recent years, I was surprised he was still there.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  It's hard to say if Michael will stay or go.  Like many others he sold his company years ago and is basically a mouthpiece.  I did buy a birdcage gold chain from him a few years ago at a decent price.  I don't mind 10K gold for some things that I know will take a beating.