Honored Contributor

It's beautiful and it features actual 18K gold accents (not clad) and real gemstones (not fake, simulated, or doublets, etc.) so as far as I'm concerned, given the price this other stuff is going for, her cuff is not so off the charts. I won't be purchasing it, but I'd certainly consider it before spending a small fortune on heart shaped Diamonique.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor
On 4/17/2014 ennui1 said:
On 4/16/2014 sunshine45 said:

i should not have opened this thread! that cuff is gorgeous!

her pieces are so unique looking, weighty, touches of real gold, AND no faux stones to be found! works of art.....

Hello? DID YOU SEE THE PRICE?

HELLO? Is it ANY of your business? We are all adults & can decide to buy if we chose. Do you ever STOP complaining & bashing?

Super Contributor

Shipping and handling is included, AND it's on 5 easy payments. Smiley Surprised)

Barbara Bixby Sterling & 18K Multi-Gemstone Cuff Average

Frequent Contributor
On 4/17/2014 lianne said:

Barbara's pieces are exquisitely made, heavy, and she doesnt cheap out on the stones. They arent doublets or triplets or fake quartz or diamonique. She uses real sapphires and garnets, and they are good stones, not washed out versions.

Barbara does use doublets. The skulls are doublets, the Amazonite hearts are doublets, the grasshoppers are doublets .... etc.

J292944 isn't new. I got mine out to compare -- same ring. Just recycled. I got mine at TJMaxx, so I don't know the previous price.

Chrome diopside, garnet, sapphires, pearls, topaz, apatite.... etc.

Frequent Contributor
On 4/17/2014 cooking lady said:

Ladies - save your breath - they are NUTS!!!! And yes - she does use doublets - she is very talented but you are being "ripped off"!! But whatever floats your boat!

Did any of you see the gorgeous Dragonfly bracelet CP had today for under $300.00 -Heavy silver and real gemstones-no gold - but it was gorgeous!! Too pricey for me but still a bargain compared to Bixby and Ripka!!

As someone who has many of her pieces, I can say with some degree of authority on the subject: "No, we are not. But whatever floats your boat!"

Frequent Contributor
On 4/17/2014 tropicalbeachgirl said:

Really is tiresome to hear the same beating of that drum. You would think after years of saying it they would grow tired. Yes, why do you bother????

Thus, Delphi . . .

Delphi indeed!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor
I LOVE my Bixby jewelry! I am so grateful to have purchased my collection before it became so expensive!
Super Contributor
On 4/17/2014 tropicalbeachgirl said:

Really is tiresome to hear the same beating of that drum. You would think after years of saying it they would grow tired. Yes, why do you bother????

Thus, Delphi . . .

Yup, Delphi. Why do I even bother to open these posts with the same posters giving the same refrain. Ciao.

Respected Contributor
On 4/17/2014 lianne said:

Barbara's pieces are exquisitely made, heavy, and she doesnt cheap out on the stones. They arent doublets or triplets or fake quartz or diamonique. She uses real sapphires and garnets, and they are good stones, not washed out versions.

Barbara does use doublets. The skulls are doublets, the Amazonite hearts are doublets, the grasshoppers are doublets .... etc.

J292944 isn't new. I got mine out to compare -- same ring. Just recycled. I got mine at TJMaxx, so I don't know the previous price.

J292944 has been available in various sizes over the past several years on eBay. There are currently six of them up for sale, at prices from $125.00 to $250.00. So yes, the ring does appear to be a repeat of a prior offering.

Honored Contributor

Pretty ring and perhaps with a wider choice of gemstones I'd have capitulated, but I'm not a huge fan of amethyst, even of the pale variety, and I have several green quartz already that I prefer. The price isn't bad though. Had she done this in garnet, citrine, Swiss or sky blue, I'd be there... Which is another issue with the Q and lack of variety these days. And I'd guess they have quite a voice in how many options designers are expected to provide.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...