Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I have religious jewelry, rosaries, etc.  I do not like them being presented with any inference they have special powers...they aren't magical...they are simply a reminder of faith when we use/wear/look at them, and that can bring comfort and help us think in a more positive light.  

I dont mind them being sold, but I think the presentations should be carefully thought out so items are being presented realistically.  I agree with those who feel the way things are being presented is over the top.  

Yes, this jewelry does not have special powers. This is offensive to me that is why I can not watch. 

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

This vendor is very preachy, I feel like I am in church. I wonder what percentage the poor ladies get who make this jewelry get, the website does not say. 

I find the vendor very off-putting as well although I did order a bracelet for my sister. 

I too am  bothered by the fact that I cannot find any information that talks about how much the artisans get for making this jewelry.

I feel the same way about the Himalayan Gems sold on HSN.  They always talk about how making this jewelry empowers the women but I wonder how much they really get.  

Regular Contributor

People will cling to anything ... Please make it God, not a bracelet. Cheapens QVC.

Honored Contributor

I don't like religion tied to the sale of products, it's cheap, vulgar and just wrong !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I find this vendor while soft spoken,does not come across as sincere.I have always wondered just how much money the women who handmade and prayed over the bracelets actually received.I don't watch her presentations anymore.

Honored Contributor

Re: my saint, my hero

[ Edited ]

I didn't see the show because the only piece of religious jewelry I wear is a cross on occassion.  While I don't believe it is "magical" it is a reminder to me of the love of God so I do attach meaning to it..... (very much as I would a two heart necklace I have that reminds me of my partner and the love we share.

Honest opinions of liking or not liking a presentation does not bother me.  What bothers me is when we use our dislikes of said presentations and start using adjectives like predator (or maybe I should say "preys on people"...same thing), not genuine, etc. implying that a person we don't even know is like this.  That, imo, is what QVC calls (in their own standards) as.... unkind.  

Honored Contributor

@freakygirl I can understand passion for your faith but she is selling a product...I think that making sales is her passion.

Trusted Contributor

It's geared to Catholics with the rosaries, the Virgin Mary and the saying "My Saint, My Hero".  Although I don't think Shawn K. and Nancy H. are Catholics.  Nancy has said she is a Luthern.

Super Contributor

There are a lot of lonely, sad, vulnerable people.  Taking advantage of that is pathetic.

Valued Contributor

I always change the channel when these kind of people are on.  I don't like to hear the mumbo-jumbo to suck buyers in.

Does anyone remember the fawning over Thomas Kinkade?  He sold snake oil art to the masses at ridiculous prices.  He told them about his "faith" and laughed all the way to the bank.

Now that he is gone they can't GIVE his stuff away!