Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

I have religious jewelry, rosaries, etc.  I do not like them being presented with any inference they have special powers...they aren't magical...they are simply a reminder of faith when we use/wear/look at them, and that can bring comfort and help us think in a more positive light.  

I dont mind them being sold, but I think the presentations should be carefully thought out so items are being presented realistically.  I agree with those who feel the way things are being presented is over the top.  

Yes, this jewelry does not have special powers. This is offensive to me that is why I can not watch. 

They did not say these items have special powers.  They are speaking about faith in God and knowing that he walks with us in this life.  God hears every prayer and answers in his time and way.  Prayer is pretty incredible and is the way to have a relationship with God.  That's all she's saying.

Honored Contributor

@Steeler 20 wrote:

People will cling to anything ... Please make it God, not a bracelet. Cheapens QVC.

Why so quick to judge?  The problem with a specific faith's products being sold on tv is that there is little time to explain the history and reasons for them.  

There are many symbols in any faith.  Have you ever worn a cross or fish pendant?  Do you have a cross or stained glass windows at church?  

If you listened, you would know these are symbols, they are ways to help pepole pray or reminders to pray.  For example, there are several ways to pray the rosary and the beads walk a person through those prayers.  This goes for the other items too.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

This vendor is very preachy, I feel like I am in church. I wonder what percentage the poor ladies get who make this jewelry get, the website does not say. 

I find the vendor very off-putting as well although I did order a bracelet for my sister. 

I too am  bothered by the fact that I cannot find any information that talks about how much the artisans get for making this jewelry.

I feel the same way about the Himalayan Gems sold on HSN.  They always talk about how making this jewelry empowers the women but I wonder how much they really get.  

Why does it matter if the vendor gets paid for her products?  Go to her website. She isn't a charity.  She's a business.  She has a certain faith and is selling products that help people pray certain prayers, remember to pray, or remember that God is there. Theses are symbols.

The problem with selling a certain religion's items is that there is no time to explain history and how a religion uses these items.  

Please don't judge.  One's religion is not better than another's.  We're all on a journey.

Respected Contributor
@Libbylady.. we have a Thomas Kincade retail store in our mall that sells his art. I've never seen anyone in it!
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@Libbylady.. we have a Thomas Kincade retail store in our mall that sells his art. I've never seen anyone in it!

So do we! Always empty. They closed the Kirklands store and they had customers.

Trusted Contributor

My belief is Shawn's comment was offensive to those who lost loved ones on that day.  She owes viewers an apology for such an insensitive comment.  It's one thing to sell a product, it's offensive to prey on people's loss to do so!  Very crass!

Honored Contributor

Too many posters on this string don't understand the symbolism of what is being sold and how/why they are used by Catholics to pray.  Why wouldn't someone check things out and open their minds a little before leveling such harsh judgment.  Let God be the judge.  I find the bashing offensive.

QVC Customer Care