Respected Contributor

This vendor is very preachy, I feel like I am in church. I wonder what percentage the poor ladies get who make this jewelry get, the website does not say. 

Occasional Contributor

I was thinking the same thing.  I find the vendor to be a bit over the top.  Reminds me of a televangelist trying to sell me prayer oil or water from the Holylands.

Respected Contributor

I find it offensive-can't/don't watch it, not crazy about how the hosts  hawk it. 

Trusted Contributor

I get the feeling she preys on people's religious feelings to sell her overpriced, rather cheap jewelry.  I don't take her has genuine.  It's rather off putting for me.  I watched her once, and that was more than enough.  

Honored Contributor

I have turned her off more than once

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

i get it that people have that impression of her, but she is selling an item that's tied to her faith and therefore strongly believes in. when that's the case, you would tend to speak passionately and effusively, no matter what you're selling. it's a way of expressing your conviction. 

Respected Contributor

@Dachsmom wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.  I find the vendor to be a bit over the top.  Reminds me of a televangelist trying to sell me prayer oil or water from the Holylands.

@Dachsmom

YES, she is overbearing in a soft way, if that makes sense. I don't need a bracelet to remind me of God.

Respected Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

I get the feeling she preys on people's religious feelings to sell her overpriced, rather cheap jewelry.  I don't take her has genuine.  It's rather off putting for me.  I watched her once, and that was more than enough.  

@Lila4Now

Well said.

Respected Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

i get it that people have that impression of her, but she is selling an item that's tied to her faith and therefore strongly believes in. when that's the case, you would tend to speak passionately and effusively, no matter what you're selling. it's a way of expressing your conviction. 

@freakygirl

You are correct in what you are saying, I totally understand. One of the things that bothers me is, she is saying things like you will feel that you are not alone and this will make you feel protected. How can she say that, how does she know how people feel? How can jewelry take away fears? Don't like those claims. 

Respected Contributor

I have religious jewelry, rosaries, etc.  I do not like them being presented with any inference they have special powers...they aren't magical...they are simply a reminder of faith when we use/wear/look at them, and that can bring comfort and help us think in a more positive light.  

I dont mind them being sold, but I think the presentations should be carefully thought out so items are being presented realistically.  I agree with those who feel the way things are being presented is over the top.