Honored Contributor

Re: my saint my hero on Q2 with Rick (July 4)

@CalminHeart wrote:

I don't think people understand this vendor and what her products represent.  I'll bet others wouldn't like it if their religion, faith, or whatever was criticized like some criticize hers.  I see no reason why something different that someone has experienced or believes is automatically subject to harsh criticism.

@CalminHeart  I object to the double standard of religious items being sold and discussed on air and online, but forbidden in discussions in these forums. All religions are not represented equally by Q.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

I don't think people understand this vendor and what her products represent.  I'll bet others wouldn't like it if their religion, faith, or whatever was criticized like some criticize hers.  I see no reason why something different that someone has experienced or believes is automatically subject to harsh criticism.

@CalminHeart

Thank you for your lovely post!

I totally agree that she seems to be speaking from her faith and it doesn't strike me as fake at all!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@CalminHeart.  I would agree.  If you aren't open to believing in the Blessed Mother then you probably can't understand the importance of Medjegore.

I do believe.  I pray to Our Lady to intercede with her Son for a special intention.  Yes, I do have a medal and Holy Water from Medjegore.

The fact that these women are praying while making the jewelry is believable.  Look where they live and the ravages that have befallen them.  Earning a living is important to everyone.

I have given a number of bracelet sets to family and friends going through difficult times.  Yes, I do believe in the calming that you feel.

As for Rick, I think he does also believe and was being quiet as a show of respect for the significance of the pieces.

@grandma r

What a lovely post!!

Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CalminHeart  I object to the double standard of religious items being sold and discussed on air and online, but forbidden in discussions in these forums. All religions are not represented equally by Q.

Just look at some of the comments on this string and in previous posts about My Saint, My Hero.  No wonder Q doesn't allow religious posts.  People can't be civil or respect someone else's beliefs. If I owned Q, I wouldn't allow religious posts on the forums either.

There is a huge difference between what's sold on air and allowing people to post on forums.  Q controls what's sold and what's said on air. I can't begin to count the times hosts have said "God Bless" or other Christian related statements, especially around certain holidays.  

Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@CalminHeart.  I would agree.  If you aren't open to believing in the Blessed Mother then you probably can't understand the importance of Medjegore.

I do believe.  I pray to Our Lady to intercede with her Son for a special intention.  Yes, I do have a medal and Holy Water from Medjegore.

The fact that these women are praying while making the jewelry is believable.  Look where they live and the ravages that have befallen them.  Earning a living is important to everyone.

I have given a number of bracelet sets to family and friends going through difficult times.  Yes, I do believe in the calming that you feel.

As for Rick, I think he does also believe and was being quiet as a show of respect for the significance of the pieces.

Most Christian religions look at Mary as merely a mother without any major significance.  There are a few that revere her and believe she can pray for us and intercede for us in ways no one else can -- it's just like asking a friend for help or asking someone to pray for a particular need.   Some religions believe in asking Mary to pray for our needs.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CalminHeart .... I don’t believe a word that comes out of this vendors mouth... in my opinion she comes across  as a complete phony 😢

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CalminHeart .... I don’t believe a word that comes out of this vendors mouth... in my opinion she comes across  as a complete phony 😢

You don't have to believe.  I don't believe in a lot of things either but that doesn't make me ridicule or bash the vendor.  Others and the vendor believe and that's all that counts.