Frequent Contributor

Where is Michael Dawkins and Black Hills? are they no longer with QVC

Honored Contributor

I never heard an announcement about M. DAWKINS, although it's rather apparent he's no longer around.  They did, however, say Black Hills was gone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

There is tons of his stuff (  and other QVC vendors) over on the Bay.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Did they really say BHG is gone?  I know Jim used to be on during American Holidays and then started trimming back.

Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I saw BHG on the air.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

88 pages of BHG items on qVC website.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

88 pages of BHG items on qVC website.

Actually, it's 88 individual pieces of Black Hills Gold jewelry, not 88 pages.

In addition, there are 119 pieces of Michael Dawkins' jewelry on QVC.

However, I haven't seen either of the vendors on air in quiet some time.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Kachina624

Did they really say BHG is gone?  I know Jim used to be on during American Holidays and then started trimming back.

@Bird mama  Yes, Bernie, at the end of the last BHG show they made the announcement that there would be no more shows.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Kachina624

@Bird mama  Yes, Bernie, at the end of the last BHG show they made the announcement that there would be no more shows.

I didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me.  More time slots for the "same old, same old".

Honored Contributor

was an ardent collector of Michael Dawkins.  Loved the edgy appeal without being over board however I became disenchanted with quite a few of his (very expensive) pieces.  Some were hooked together, not with a break away jump ring but rather a piece of silverwrapped about three times around the next ring (I have his starry night, drop pearl necklace and bracelet that is a series of attachments like this).... and if the item gets caught and pulls, it pulls and stretched out the attached triple ring.  One complaint has been his using jeweler's metal in some of his rings.  This is a common practice and is not illegal but it's so obvious that the item is not SOLID sterling silver.... makes the ring unnaturally heavy.

My biggest complaint was his watch, which was not cheap.  LOVE THAT WATCH, but..... after about a year the interior of the watch band started showing a blackish underneath and I was getting a black wrist with an allergic itchy reaction.  I can wear stainless steel, no problem.  The manufacturer advertises that it is stainlss steel but instead it is a stainless steel overlay over a base metal and I will eventually have problems.  That's what happened with my watch.  I went back to the advertisement on QVC and it states over and over that the band is stainless steel.  No where dd it say that it was a stainless steel wash or overlay over an unknown metal.  I complained to QVC and they actually took the watch back and refunded me....

As a result, I won't even buy MD on eBay, and it saddens me because I love the look. Also the price being asked for most of his items and this shouldn't have happened..... Woman Sad 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u  I have a MD necklace I must assemble everytime I wear it.  It has large oval links that come apart.  I have a ton of sterling jewelry but the only piece from which I got a bad reaction was a MD necklace.  I broke out in a rash bigtime.  Obviously a lot of nickle in that expensive trinket.  His stuff IMHO is very poor quality.