Regular Contributor

are good old fashion charm bracelets still in style?

Trusted Contributor

I don't think that they're "trending" at the moment, as the QVC hosts would say, but like a simple strand of pearls, I think that charm bracelets are a classic that never really go out of style.  

Honored Contributor

Sure they are and who cares if they aren"t?!!! I see ads for Pandora all the time and over on E*vine, one vender has a huge collection of charms. I say if you want one, go for it, no matter if it trends or not. Most charms are able to be worn on a necklace too. I have a few of those. 

Valued Contributor

I have a pre-Pandora charm bracelet that has lots of memories; have not worn it in a while.  Your post has inspired me to wear it again.  I know that it is out of style but wearing vintage items have their own special type of flair.

Honored Contributor

Before gold got too expensive for me ,  QVC offered lovely gold charms and I put together a beautiful  bracelet.  Sadly I wear silver almost exclusively now. I thought about selling it , but I just can't, some of the charms are too meaningful.  I say wear it if you love it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I still wear mine that I started in the mid 1960s. It's a great conversation starter, and girls of all ages ask to look at it. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree with CERB--charm bracelets are a classic.  I have a silver one that I have had for YEARS and the charms all have meaning to me.  Still buy a new charm when the occasion arises. It always attracts comments when I wear it.  It is something almost everyone can relate to.

Who cares about the latest "style?"  Wear what you like and be happy!  America is the land of the free, you know.  No need to be a slave to fashion.

Respected Contributor

i have my grandmother's and mother's charm bracelets as well as one i started a number (a big number) of years ago.   a while back i took the charms off my gold bracelet and put on a gold link necklace to make a charm necklace.  i enjoy wearing it and it is always a conversation starter.  these things are classics and don't go in and out of style imo.

Honored Contributor

@14TonyStewartFan wrote:

are good old fashion charm bracelets still in style?

Who cares.

I wear 3 on my left wrist.....

(thick) Sterling Silver Tiffany charm bracelet - Lock & gold heart charms.

(thick) Stainless Steel Judith Ripka cat charm bracelet.

(thick) Gold Charm bracelet that was given to me by my aunt on my 16th birthday.

Right wrist...

(thin) 2 Tone gold charm bracelet that I purchased from Martinique (West Indies).

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think they are classic, hence will never be trendy or go out of style

Never underestimate the power of kindness.