Esteemed Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

I've noticed women in the news who wear this necklace with one stone right in the middle of  their neck and am wondering is this a new trend in necklaces?  Is it replacing multiple stone necklaces for women?  I saw the necklace yesterday on Radhika Jones, editor of Vanity Fair and it was familiar and I wonder if this is the new trend now?  Do you know?

Radhika Jones3.jpg

@newname0 I would guess this is a very old picture based on the dated hairstyle.  I googled to confirm this guess, and Ms. Jones doesn't look like this in recent pictures available on the internet.

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

I've noticed women in the news who wear this necklace with one stone right in the middle of  their neck and am wondering is this a new trend in necklaces?  Is it replacing multiple stone necklaces for women?  I saw the necklace yesterday on Radhika Jones, editor of Vanity Fair and it was familiar and I wonder if this is the new trend now?  Do you know?

Radhika Jones3.jpg

@newname0 I would guess this is a very old picture based on the dated hairstyle.  I googled to confirm this guess, and Ms. Jones doesn't look like this in recent pictures available on the internet.

I saw her on PBS early this week and she still had the same necklace on.

Esteemed Contributor

@newname0 She must like it!

Respected Contributor

Old style. Some like dainty necklaces and jewelry in general. 

Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

Radhika Jones3.jpg

@newname0 

I don't see it as a trend replacing another trend ... they are just two different options.

The single stone looks lovely, but they don't always lay flat, and have to be repeatedly straightened out so the stone is facing out. (If you're aware of the stone being upside down.)   

It may be the chain or the setting that causes the "wobble movement"  but having to straighten my necklace 10 times a day or more would get old very fast.   

I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

It's hardly a new style.  It's the simplest and most classic of necklaces.  If women seem to be wearing it more often these days, they may be reacting to the former trend of heavy, tiresome statement necklaces (which look especially ridiculous with masks).  Everything old is new again; what goes around comes around; [INSERT YOUR OWN CLICHE HERE}.

@vsm 

Funny observation ... and so true!    Woman LOL

Super Contributor

I LOVE this look, it is not new.  It's especially pretty if you're wearing a diamond/diamond simulant or crystal, as every time you move or speak, it glistens when it's at the clavicle.

Is that hairstyle dated?  I think it's pretty, professional.

Respected Contributor

I love that look.kelly ripka wears one like that.bling is my thing.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

Radhika Jones3.jpg

@newname0 

I don't see it as a trend replacing another trend ... they are just two different options.

The single stone looks lovely, but they don't always lay flat, and have to be repeatedly straightened out so the stone is facing out. (If you're aware of the stone being upside down.)   

It may be the chain or the setting that causes the "wobble movement"  but having to straighten my necklace 10 times a day or more would get old very fast.   

I'll pass.

I assure you @Tinkrbl44 if you purchase the Tiffany's Elsa Perretti version it won't turn if it fits your neck. The diamond is set in a bezel. If it turns, it generally means the customer needs to have the chain lengthened.