Trusted Contributor

I've noticed women in the news who wear this necklace with one stone right in the middle of  their neck and am wondering is this a new trend in necklaces?  Is it replacing multiple stone necklaces for women?  I saw the necklace yesterday on Radhika Jones, editor of Vanity Fair and it was familiar and I wonder if this is the new trend now?  Do you know?

Radhika Jones3.jpg

Respected Contributor

I don't think it replaces anything, but just a new style. I've been seeing it more and more too.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I have two necklaces like this type for many, many years so I do not think it is a new trend. I will say you have to like your neck as this type of style is right there.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: is this a new trend

[ Edited ]

Hard for me to see from the photo, but I have been wearing a diamond solitaire, not as a choker but just below my neck for years.Mine sits an inch or two lower than hers. Classic style that's been around for longer than I can recall. 

That shorter length would not work for me, but I like it on the woman pictured.

Esteemed Contributor

It is a very old trend which always looks good.

I have a necklace from the late 70s like this, but with 3 diamonds.  Another in yellow gold from about 15 years ago.  That one is a snake chain with stones which can be slid off, so one day it could be diamonds with ruby and the next something else.

Honored Contributor

Seems like I've seen this look for years so I don't think its a new trend.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: is this a new trend

[ Edited ]

That's a classic, sort of a trend. What's not a trend is statement necklaces...out with the big and bold. Trending is minimalist jewelry as pictured in the OP.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's anything new.

Personally I prefer it to those statement necklaces that look like bibs.

Trusted Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Hard for me to see from the photo, but I have been wearing a diamond solitaire, not as a choker but just below my neck for years.Mine sits an inch or two lower than hers. Classic style that's been around for longer than I can recall. 

That shorter length would not work for me, but I like it on the woman pictured.

Here is her in another photo

Radhika Jones2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing new . This way of wearing a necklace  has always been around on 16" chains .

I have  a special   fancy  16"  byzantine box chain , that I received  in the 1980's  on which I wear many different pendants . It's nice to have  this style when you wear a button front blouse . I don't care for alot of the big clunky metal necklaces that end up looking like dog collars in my opinion .