Trusted Contributor

if you counted all your diamonds

how many carats would you have?

I have 1/4 ct., 1/4 ct., 1.00 ct. (that's my best guess.  It was a family hairloom)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: if you counted all your diamonds

Zero. 

Long sad history with diamonds. Mother was mugged.  Mother's special ring...diamonds changed out by jeweler who should have been cleaning the ring.  My ring stolen by person in my house, but that was after I cracked it on the faucet in the basement sink.                                 

Not worth the problems, and not something I cherish or want to own.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Too personal a question for me.  It's too much like asking how much money do you have. 

Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

how many carats would you have?

@newname0

Now - if you had asked how many "carrots" I had ... I would have been able to answer!  Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

Agree that it's a personal question - none of anybody's business.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mean to offend anybody.

I love diamonds.  I'm just trying to find other people who love them and are proud of them too.

Here's a pic of my modest collection.

diamonds 002.JPG

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Zero. 

Long sad history with diamonds. Mother was mugged.  Mother's special ring...diamonds changed out by jeweler who should have been cleaning the ring.  My ring stolen by person in my house, but that was after I cracked it on the faucet in the basement sink.                                 

Not worth the problems, and not something I cherish or want to own.

I'm sorry your diamonds were stolen.  The same thing happened to me.  Our house was robbed when we were at my FIL's funeral and my wedding ring set was taken.  Years later I had my mother's & grandmother's diamonds put into the second setting I have on my finger.  I only have my wedding pictures to show what my original wedding rings looked like.  

Respected Contributor

Absolutely no way would I disclose that information!

Besides, it's not the size of the stone, it's the quality that matters.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I sold everything of value when gold was high.  Sold all my diamonds as well. Do not wear them....did not want them any more.  What is important to me now has changed and jewelry is just not important.