Super Contributor

Re: if you counted all your diamonds

I'm so sorry that 2 of you girls were robbed. Our home was robbed in April and they stole 17 pieces of my best jewelry. What really hurt was them taking my original wedding band. We had my original engagement diamond reset about 25 years ago and that was also taken.. My husband had bought me an anniversary ring to wear with my wedding set that he had custome made. I always wore my wedding band and anniversary band together when I was home or just running errands. I had a lot of things to do that day so I put those 2 rings on my dresser and put my newer engagement ring and diamond band on. I wish I would not have done that. What gets me is that I had 2 other rings in a ring holder that are in white gold and you can tell they're more expensive. They left those 2 rings though and took the rings that mean more to me than anything I own. We know this was not random, and so do the police, and we're 99.9% sure we know who did it. The police couldn't get them to admit it. And even though our neighbor saw their vehicle in our driveway at the time of the robbery we were told it wasn't enough to get a search warrant. If I had to give up every piece of jewelry I own to get my plain yellow gold wedding band back I would do it in a heart beat. Most of the pieces that were taken and the pieces they left behind were given to me by my husband out of love on special occasions. Thieves could care less that what they're stealing has so much meaning to the person who owns it. We're still waiting on prints to come back from my jewelry boxes. Honestly, I don't expect them to find any. Thieves know what they're doing so most of them wear gloves or use their knuckles to open jewelry boxes with. They knew exactly what they wanted. Most of my best pieces, cash and prescription medication. If this was random they would have stolen every piece of my jewelry, my husbands rifles, our computers and other things of value. Strange that my husband had planned to go that Sunday to buy a security system and a new safe because the one we had started acting up. He didn't get the chance to go and had planned to go the next weekend. It was so rare for no one to be home but no one was. My husband had planned to do these things and we get robbed that Tuesday.

I'm forgetting which one of you girls said your mothers diamond was switched out during a cleaning. I've heard of this happening and that's why I'll only let the jeweler we've dealt with for more than 25 years clean and inspect my jewelry. What a horrible thing to do to a person. 

Sorry for the very long post. When you're robbed it's so devastating. I could get over the cash, the medication, but I can not get over them stealing my wedding band. Every time I go in to our bed room I picture someone in there going through our personal things.

Yes, my husband did go the day after we were robbed and bought 2 security systems because he couldn't find one that had everything we wanted. I also bought a Ring door bell. I recommend everyone get at least cameras that record. No one expects to be robbed. We sure didn't. But it does happen all the time and I just hate that good hard working people get robbed because of drugs and or greed.

Sorry again for getting way off topic. I have no idea how many cts of diamonds I own. I think a lot of women are buying CZ's or Noissanite because it's devastating to lose a piece or have it stolen.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to my grandmother, I have a couple of nice diamond necklaces.  I gave the one, diamonds and sapphires to my daughter and kept the other.  I also have a black hills gold diamond ring which I bought on sale for 60% off and my wedding ring.  I have a diamond jacket I bought to wear with my solitaire wedding ring.  The ctw. isn't all that much.  Probably somewhere around 3 ctw. all together.  I switched to diamonique years ago and have never looked back.  

Regular Contributor

Too many carats to count! lol  I have diamonds in my bracelets, pendants and charms.  My largest is a ring - a 2 carat heart solitaire set in platinum - which holds a special place in my heart.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a "diamond person" --  (I prefer horsepower)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

While I do have 2 classy pieces of diamond jewelry that are special to me, I don’t wear them, and have no desire for more diamond jewelry.   I only wear earrings and prefer real gemstones.   

Honored Contributor

I have 2 diamond pieces.

My engagement solitaire is my largest diamond. For our 5th anniversary DH had 2 smaller diamonds added, one on each side of the solitaire. For our 10th he added a partial eternity diamond guard band. TCW of the set is approximately 2.0. I also have a 3 stone diamond necklace approximately .75 carats. I like both my pieces very much but really have no desire for any more diamonds. 

431378EA-83A9-426D-A071-73F09A5E4A2D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

My grandfather was a jewelry designer so I have inherited a lot of beautiful precious gemstones from my grandmother and Mother.That does not mean I'm rich by any means. Different people spend their money in different places - no particular right or wrong.

Honored Contributor

Maybe 1 carat--but many are accent diamonds or tiny 1 pointers, so 1 carat may be overstating--I am not a diamond girl; in fact  Isold my wedding ring as I didn't wear it and didn't especially like it--still married tho. Not sure hubs even  notices. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not a diamond collector, but have some in my collection.  We do have a Liberty safe to store my things in though.  They have a warranty and can be delivered and set up in your home.

liberty.JPG

Trusted Contributor

@tammysu,

That ring sounds beautiful.Smiley Happy

So sorry to hear about all of you who have had precious things stolen from you.