Occasional Contributor

how durable is the palladium sterling Valitutti uses?

I've recently become a fan of Michael Valitutti's designs. He uses a silver palladium alloy that supposedly is much stronger than sterling more tarnish resistant.

For those of you who've owned his pieces how have they held up over time?

Re: how durable is the palladium sterling Valitutti uses?

I have several rings bracelets and necklaces without any problems. However I just bought a ring wore it for 3 days and the euro shank turned black and pitted so I have sent back. Bought it from another station. This ring must have been defective as I have never experienced that before. I swear by his jewelry and his designs are beautiful. 

Esteemed Contributor

I won't even tell you how many rings I have from Michael.  I will say I never had a problem with any of his rings.  They will last forever.  Never returned a ring from him either.  His stones are top quality and so is the silver he uses.  They never tarnish either.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can chime in here. Best quality. I can wear my pieces just about every day and not worry about them. My oldest piece is from 2006 and still is great. Even the vermeil has held up.

Super Contributor

I find his jewelry to stand the test of time. There is one issue that I do have now with one of my rings - the gold seems to be coming off. I need to perhaps call Michael's customer service and ask what I should do. Other than this issue I have an embarrassing amount of jewelry from Michael and everything is still perfect!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Honored Contributor

He has stated repeatedly that he stands behind your purchases.  Call their C.S.  (he keeps mentioning Jennifer). 

Honored Contributor

Palladium metal is actually part of the Platinum family and is a beautiful metal.  Louis Vuitton uses Palladium on many of their Epi designs..... Palladium should last indefinitely and not turn color or become pitted, provided the metal is not mixed with another that eventually will.  Here's some info on Palladium....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palladium

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I have two rings from MV and the one I wear the most is starting to dull and look old on the back of the band. I'm not concerned because if it gets worse I'll call his CS and hopefully they will make it right, the ring cost almost 400 dollars.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe I'm hard on rings, but virtually every one of mine are beat up on the bottom shank (except for Judith Ripka pieces.)  His are no different from my other rings, as far as the bottom portion of the shank goes.  However, the tops of the rings are perfect in every way.  No tarnishing, chipping, fading, peeling, etc.